Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

starting up have the game disks do i need the client download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
starting up have the game disks do i need the client download

creeman
01.26.2012 , 11:22 PM | #1
hay just inquiring if iam downloading the whole game i just started the client download and have the disks with me there is three and i really dont wanna download all that should i uninstall what has downloaded and start fre3shh with my disks
\

thanks for ur help in advance i wanna play this soo bad and the quiskest way possible and how big are all the patches atm

creeman
01.26.2012 , 11:25 PM | #2
i first tryed installing with disks no dice said it failed so then i made my account and all that stuff and now just clicked client download i have the disks and would preffer to install from there and just download the patches

just in case my first post wasnt really clear

BlackRifle
01.26.2012 , 11:33 PM | #3
The purpose of the installation discs is to install the game so that you don't have to download the whole thing. There is no reason to download the whole game if you already have the installation discs. Downloading the whole game would be a waste of your time and you would also be wasting bandwidth through your internet service provider if they cap your bandwidth. The only thing you have to download are the ongoing patches.

I suggest that you start from scratch. Uninstall and delete whatever you have downloaded so far. Then use only the installation discs to install the game.

creeman
01.26.2012 , 11:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackRifle View Post
The purpose of the installation discs is to install the game so that you don't have to download the whole thing. There is no reason to download the whole game if you already have the installation discs. Downloading the whole game would be a wasted of your time and you would also be wasting bandwidth through your internet service provider if they cap your bandwidth. The only thing you have to download are the ongoing patches.

I suggest that you start from scratch. Uninstall and delete whatever you have downloaded so far. Then use only the installation discs to install the game.
will do mate cheers lets hope i can get this working tonight
ill keep use in the loop about it and how big are all the patches atm just off the top of ur head

BlackRifle
01.26.2012 , 11:41 PM | #5
So far, patches have ranged in size from tens of megabytes to hundreds of megabytes. If I recall correctly, no patches have been greater than one gigabyte. At least, not yet.

creeman
01.27.2012 , 12:00 AM | #6
tryed 3 time since i posted last evrytime i restred my comp and evry time i keep getting swtor failed to install i know my specs are good enough to play dual core 4 gigs ram 6850 graphics card and 140 gigs free on a 300 gig hard drive ill try and get rid of game or two free a a lil space but this is strange never had a game not want to install well fail to install

ne help would be greatly appriacted

creeman
01.27.2012 , 12:07 AM | #7
but when i pressed dowload game client it downloaed the 38mb client .exe opened let me put my username in and started downloading the game just this will take me probly longer than a week on my internet connection patching it a few gigs i could probly do in a nght or two

BlackRifle
01.27.2012 , 12:18 AM | #8
I suggest you browse through the Customer Service forum and/or contact Customer Service directly.

creeman
01.27.2012 , 01:22 AM | #9
i looked into the note pad left over from install and this is were it failed

12] Extracting: /Language en /progresspercent 178 /settotalK 345337 'D:\swtor15.rar' 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic'
[Friday Jan 27 17:02:28 2012] Rar error: error 12 RAR process file failed: File CRC error.
[Friday Jan 27 17:02:28 2012] Rar Details: 12 A Data error occured.
[Friday Jan 27 17:02:28 2012] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[Friday Jan 27 17:02:28 2012] | FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED FAILED |
[Friday Jan 27 17:02:28 2012] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

iam try download the client manually geuss iam not playing this tonight

ne more help would be great

Althire
01.27.2012 , 01:27 AM | #10
Found this on an forum regarding the same error also from an EA game.

Quote:
Same, I called EA. they said it could be that my dvd reader on PC is an old one, and something about the disc being some kind of duel sided disc I have no idea what the guy was talking about never had a problem with any other game, tried the manual install same problem, don't know what else to try.
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████MMO's/SWTOR Guide████████████)