Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorian Armor

Fadnog
01.26.2012 , 11:03 PM | #1
Do u ever get a set of armor that looks like what the mandolorian's wear?

KristofOrdo
01.26.2012 , 11:59 PM | #2
Yeah at around level 32 on taris. finish all the quests and heroics and you get your first set

predicament
01.27.2012 , 12:02 AM | #3
Imo, the bh armor all looks like mandalorian armor just different colors and some slight variation.

So to answer the question yes, all the time.

Gratulor
01.27.2012 , 12:32 AM | #4
Plenty! Though not much variation in colour. But we don't get the blue and white armour most of the npcs use. The one I use is black, blue and silver, but there are also brown, yellow, white and silver, white and red, gold and brown and so forth. They become available at 32-33. But most aren't named Mandalorian; you have to go by what styles npcs use instead.

Hope that helps!
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

Mephane
01.27.2012 , 02:39 AM | #5
Also later on Corellia through a combination of normal missions, class missions, heroic missions and commendation rewards, there is an entire orange "set" mich looks very Mandalorian-style, basic color-scheme is grey under-suit, black/dark green/blue painting with areas of bare metal. Also has a nice "used" look with patches of color worn off.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Fadnog
01.27.2012 , 04:30 AM | #6
I'm 42 right now and i have gotten a few pieces that look similar, but i haven't seen a decent looking helmet yet. I was really wondering if u can ever get the helmet that npcs use. I have 1 that looks similar but the visor is lame looking and has an antenna(which i don't like the way it looks).

P.S. I think we should be able get the set that the ncps use.

Turel
01.27.2012 , 05:58 AM | #7
As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't have a T-Visor then it's not Mandalorian.

As for the armour the NPCs wear (I'm assuming you mean the typical blue one shown in Gratulor's avatar) there's an orange/bronze version with a blue trim, search on the GTN for "Hellfire". I think the full name is RD-17A Hellfire Helmet and it's lv38.

Once you hit 50 there's the Elite Vanguard (tank), Elite War Medic (healer) and Master Striker (dps) armour suits (all with the -17A prefix) which look Mandalorian.

The earliest Mandalorian armour you get is in the early to mid 30s and looks like this:

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9...andoarmour.jpg

The t-visor is significantly thinner than the stuff you usually see NPCs wearing but it still looks cool. There's also quite a variety of available, various colours and stats as well as Custom quality if you want to mod it and hold on to it for a while.

(Edited because the forum censored my link!)

bonekrewe
01.27.2012 , 08:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Turel View Post
The earliest Mandalorian armour you get is in the early to mid 30s and looks like this:

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9...andoarmour.jpg
That is the RD-15A Mercenary set. The helmet and chest I believe are random drops while the legs and gloves can be bought from vendors.

RD-15A Merc boots technically don't exist but you can get the Mercenary Elite Prototype boots from the last Taris quest, they have the same model and coloring.

Irongrin
01.27.2012 , 08:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bonekrewe View Post
That is the RD-15A Mercenary set. The helmet and chest I believe are random drops while the legs and gloves can be bought from vendors.

RD-15A Merc boots technically don't exist but you can get the Mercenary Elite Prototype boots from the last Taris quest, they have the same model and coloring.
The whole set is actually quests rewards from Taris. Sometimes the reward let's you choose, don't think it did all the time though. It's a combination of heroic quests + normal ones (boots you get from the last quest of the last hub).

*edit*

Yes, the items are called Mercenary Elite Prototype. Legs can be bought from commendations aswell.

Brutalos
01.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #10
TT-15A Powertech looks the best, Red and Black Mandalorian armour it's the shizzle!