Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any deep water anywhere in this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is there any deep water anywhere in this game?

pursang
01.26.2012 , 11:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
This was in 2004. In 2010 they released a whole underwater zone which happens to be awesome. A year later bioware gave us 5cm deep puddles.
Eh, that's subjective. I really disliked Vashjir (sp) personally.
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

Stejo
01.26.2012 , 11:41 PM | #22
Ofc it's subjective. Objectively however the zone is there, many people -myself included- found it refreshingly enjoyable and to top it off it's completely optional.

I'm not saying that swtor should have an underwater zone too. It would be nice but it's not exactly a necessity. But no swimmable water at all in 2012? How can they get away with this.

Mezla
01.26.2012 , 11:43 PM | #23
Swimming in games always sucked and will always suck. I am glad that BW didn't jump on that bandwagon.

Puggg
01.26.2012 , 11:47 PM | #24
how can we level up our fishing skill with no water anywhere?

Shortwave
01.26.2012 , 11:48 PM | #25
There's no deep water in this game, but there are some pretty deep conversations.

Rodanth_The_Wise
01.26.2012 , 11:53 PM | #26
lol at the people complaining about no swimming and saying "This is a basic feature. It should have it! Rawr rawr!". Admit it, you'd find the new swimmable body of water, jump in for 5 seconds, get out..and never swim again for the rest of your time spent on TOR. You just want something new to ***** about. Give it a rest lmao, and no I'm not a fanboy. Give that a rest too.
Kallisto - Jedi Sentinel

The Dawnshadow Legacy - Anchorhead PVP

Stejo
01.26.2012 , 11:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mezla View Post
Swimming in games always sucked and will always suck. I am glad that BW didn't jump on that bandwagon.
No combat log -> combat logs suck, we don't want them
No moddable ui -> addons suck, we don't want them
No swimmable water -> swimming sucks, we don't want it

I think I see a trend here.

SamuraBob_Fl
01.27.2012 , 12:05 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rodanth_The_Wise View Post
lol at the people complaining about no swimming and saying "This is a basic feature. It should have it! Rawr rawr!". Admit it, you'd find the new swimmable body of water, jump in for 5 seconds, get out..and never swim again for the rest of your time spent on TOR. You just want something new to ***** about. Give it a rest lmao, and no I'm not a fanboy. Give that a rest too.
That's kind of the thing...

I mean, swimming content sounds cool, but in reality it just means that there's no ground and mobs might be above or below you.

It just doesn't really deliver.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Surakis
01.27.2012 , 12:07 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Stejo View Post
This was in 2004. In 2010 they released a whole underwater zone which happens to be awesome. A year later bioware gave us 5cm deep puddles.
What amazing gameplay is added by allowing swimming?

Powerhowse
01.27.2012 , 12:08 AM | #30
Other games have swimming, this game has space minigames. Problem?