Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Linux Swtor

FuzionR
12.14.2011 , 10:49 PM | #1
Does Swtor run on Linux? Just curious
Fuzion Assassin Naddist Rebels Empire
Anesthesia We Are Recruiting!
5/5 EV NM 5/5 KP NM

robisowe
12.14.2011 , 10:50 PM | #2
Not natively, but you could give wine a shot.

CelsiusNivlek
12.14.2011 , 10:51 PM | #3
Nope, st least not natively
Got 99 problems and a queue aint one. Well actually it is but I am not going to complain about it.

FuzionR
12.14.2011 , 10:55 PM | #4
Alrighty thank you, I have 2 computers, 1 running windows 7 and the other running Linux just was checking to see if linux supported it, I'll give Wine a shot Hopefully it works!
Fuzion Assassin Naddist Rebels Empire
Anesthesia We Are Recruiting!
5/5 EV NM 5/5 KP NM

MrJake
12.16.2011 , 12:24 PM | #5
I have been trying for days to run it in wine and im running wine ver 1.34 and i get stuck at the screen before you can select a server. its as if the client never gets a response from the server to move to the next step. so I have a nice picture of a Jedi with a commando in bg and that little mechanical wheel that spins randomly at the bottom right just laughing at me and forcing me to play wow instead of swtor during the day

It would be great if someone made it work. i want to play swtor so badly on this machine but cant atm but it will work eventually. Wine community is quite smart and will figure this out soon enough. most donít have time to game so they donít even have a subscription or early game access since they did not preorder. So I hope it does not linger till hey release a trial version for them to crack it

Thradar
12.16.2011 , 12:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FuzionR View Post
Alrighty thank you, I have 2 computers, 1 running windows 7 and the other running Linux
Have you considered running it on the Windows 7 machine you have?

Hey, someone had to ask it.

MrJake
12.16.2011 , 12:32 PM | #7
i run it at home on windows 7. But where I am during the day, I run Ubuntu. I can not install winblows on this machine since i need a linux base enviroment for many other things. I play wow and lotro in wine with out any issues. I just can not get swtor running atm but it will work eventually. Someone just needs to find out why this screen is hanging, patch wine and move on.

Dasboi
12.24.2011 , 03:52 PM | #8
looking for similar answer as i have a friend who is looking to play but has linux.

Battyone
12.24.2011 , 03:54 PM | #9
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...tion&iId=13553

Does not look to be running well under Wine yet. It's a popular title I expect it to rapidly gain support like Starcraft II did when it went retail.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Ghostyuk
01.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #10
Heres hoping the problem seems to be with winsock have been following it on winehq, The problem as been found just waiting for the wine guys to fix it.