Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fundamental problems with tier 3 gear. (IA dps pov)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Fundamental problems with tier 3 gear. (IA dps pov)

Jurugar
01.28.2012 , 12:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OfflineSys View Post

Currently sitting at (self buffed) :

41% crit, 85% surge, 100% accuracy.
Only one of my tier 3 items contains full lvl 58 item mods.
(Crit/Accuracy enhancement to reach acc cap.)
Other 4 pieces contain salvaged columi lvl 56 item mods.
Wearing an orange belt/bracers with daily commendation armorings/lvl 58 mods.
(better then rakata equivalent, by +6 cunning.)
Using Tier 3 offhand with terrible itemization, waiting for a Tier 2 token to drop (these have useful stats, and higher cunning!)

Yes, i am annoyed.
The accuracy "cap" for white damage is at least 105%, possibly (but unlikely) as high as 110% - accuracy above 100% reduces chance to dodge, parry and deflect, and all mobs have a base amount of defense that can be bypassed. Idk how IA's work, but if a decent percentage of your damage is white (weapon) instead of tech (yellow) as I think it is, then you're gimping yourself with the lower level mods/enhancements.

I'd try to fully understand your class better before running to the forums to complain about itemization.

SuperSair
01.28.2012 , 12:27 PM | #12
Why they couldn't of just kept the same stats just having higher ratings is beyond me.

Oh, and take the frickin' DPS stats off of the tank gear please? There is no reason why Accuracy should be my highest stat as a tank.

Munx
01.28.2012 , 12:41 PM | #13
I agree, noticing this on my marauder and sentinel gear aswell, there is no way in hell that much accuracy is better then the stats on my t2 pieces.

Accuracy is only worth it to a certain limit, and t3 pve set goes way beyond that limit.

Who ever worked on the stats etc for bioware needs to be fired, he/them is a wasted paycheck/s, and a chimp clicking random numbers would likely offer a better end result.
Dark Knight of the forums.

ericdjobs
01.28.2012 , 01:22 PM | #14
Get this.. as a powertech DPS, all of my Columi gear is loaded with accuracy.. when 95% of my attacks are tech attacks.

Sure, railshot needs accuracy so it doesn't always get dodged or missed

But not THAT much!

I do so much more DPS in a custom set of 50 mods/custom gear than I ever would in COlumi, lolo

Eddizel
01.28.2012 , 01:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post
The accuracy "cap" for white damage is at least 105%, possibly (but unlikely) as high as 110% - accuracy above 100% reduces chance to dodge, parry and deflect, and all mobs have a base amount of defense that can be bypassed. Idk how IA's work, but if a decent percentage of your damage is white (weapon) instead of tech (yellow) as I think it is, then you're gimping yourself with the lower level mods/enhancements.

I'd try to fully understand your class better before running to the forums to complain about itemization.
No:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread...per-Compendium

100% accuracy gives us 110% for our specials (everything except our rifle shot or "auto attack").

Hard to say what would be more valuable right now of all the stats because we don't have logs and everyone is in the dark and still making guesses about how accuracy actually works. I agree with the OP as a sniper the rakata enhancements seem strange and I take them out and put 56 crit/surge enhancements. I also have a 58 enhancement that is power/surge that I got in the jarg and sorno chest (with no other loot, because yay nightmare mode bugs).

I am holding on to the 58 enhancements that came with the gear if we ever get logs and some solid evidence on what the value of accuracy is and what numbers we should be shooting for.

I am also very close to battlemaster and you see the same problems on the PVP gear. It has the same ones as the rakata. At least the weapon works though...............

I would also like to get some good info on how accuracy works in pvp. Sithwarrior is the closest thing right now to elitist jerks for this game, if anyone knows of anything better, please share and link.

So yes OP, the enhancements suck, but there are random drop ones in the ops that have cool stats, like the power/surge one I got. If you pvp you can rip those mods as well, as well as maybe buy the tier 2 pieces from other classes and rip whatever enhancements you need out.

All of this is kind of a moot point though, because when it comes down to it, none of this matters. Like you said, we are all farming the content. Nightmare modes in this game are like wrath naxx 3.0, no challenges yet. Got to love that Bioware made the only challenge to be some hard enrages and bugs. So the challenge is a hard enrage, while we have no meters to see who is pulling weight, and no logs so we can theorycraft the value of stats and our best dps......................./facepalm. It doesn't matter though cause we all just put on the gear, pressed buttons, and the bosses died.

Either they will fix/explain the itemization and give us the tools we need to min/max our characters, and give us some challenging content, or they will lose the top-end playerbase very soon.

Turn-XGundam
01.28.2012 , 02:07 PM | #16
if i read your post correctly
you're saying that tier 3 gear is not optimized for a majority of classes??
that i understand, they give stat boost you really don't need.

Morebeerplz
01.28.2012 , 02:21 PM | #17
My ops group just started clearing out HM EV and saw the same thing with the rakata gear. Needless to say that this poor itemization has caused a major lack of motivation and increase in frustration with the way this game is being run.

Anyways, I hope this problem gets addressed, but with the way things have been going I wont be holding my breath. I'm starting to think the only way Bioware/EA are going to listen to our pleas is if we start unsubbing. Too bad by then it will be too late. MMOs don't often get a second chance.
FORCE Junkies - Part of JUNKIE Nation - A community for the Old Republic

OfflineSys
01.28.2012 , 08:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
So yes OP, the enhancements suck, but there are random drop ones in the ops that have cool stats, like the power/surge one I got. If you pvp you can rip those mods as well, as well as maybe buy the tier 2 pieces from other classes and rip whatever enhancements you need out.
Sadly we have been unfortunate with these drops, most of the item mods we get from nightmare are awful too, except for a few proper tanking ones our tank enjoys quite well. Hoping for some luck in the upcomings lockouts.

Buying other classes tier 2 pieces is exactly what i am doing right now, as this is the only way i will upgrade my gear further more, sadly. (thankfuly, or not? nightmare is bugged and give a bunch of columi tokens i can get my filthy hands on!)

Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
if i read your post correctly
you're saying that tier 3 gear is not optimized for a majority of classes??
that i understand, they give stat boost you really don't need.
Precisely. It's like they've only took into account a 5/5 set and not the jewelry/weapons to give accuracy aswell.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post

Pretty sure i am one of the few snipers/gunslingers out there who actually grasp the class and use a proper build, hence my complaint about itemization.

I am at 110%, since they way accuracy is accounted for white/yellow damage, i gave a 100% value assuming 110% = 100%.

Also, as a MM sniper i have never seen a dodge, deflect, or anything of that nature for the past 3 weeks in nightmare content.

Anything else you'd like to add or have you just come here to find the one possibly flawed explanation i gave and point it out?

Eddizel
01.28.2012 , 08:33 PM | #19
Stalk the GTN as well, as those ops enhancements are BOE, you might be able to snag one once in awhile.

Eddizel
01.28.2012 , 08:36 PM | #20
Oh and run the new HM FP, kaon, and just need roll helm tokens and hope they aren't agent lol. That place will drop 2 helm tokens for you each day, and you can hopefully go buy other classes helms and rip the good crit/surge enhancements out.