Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unfair Early Access Gripe !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unfair Early Access Gripe !

iRulerAlain
12.14.2011 , 10:44 PM | #1
I am fairly annoyed because I had a problem with my original SWTOR account in which I could not access the e-mail address I registered the account on anymore as it belonged to my previous employer and I no longer had access to that e-mail address.

I originally placed my pre-order on the 27th of July 2011 for my original account and I was then told upon the advise of the SWTOR Customer Support group that there was nothing they could do and I would have to cancel my pre-order , create a new account and re-pre order the game. I eventually did this on the 7th of December because after waiting nearly 2 months to get some kind of a reply from them and 4 seperate phone calls to the support centre I had heard nothing yet so I created a new account and repre-ordered the game which landed up costing me even more than originally expected because of the dollar exchange rate .

The least I would have expected would be to get access to the early game based on my original pre-order but once again due to the tardiness of the Customer Support and their inability to reply to customers I now have to wait until tomorrow which is one day less early access than I paid for to be honest.

Could someone from the customer support department please just look at this because I would have been playing on the 13th already if I didn't follow the advise given out to me and followed my original plan of action to have you change the e-mail address on my account which apparently was too much work for you even though I knew all the details of the account including the secret questions.

Jimtheginger
12.14.2011 , 10:47 PM | #2
....... or don't use your work e-mail for your personal accounts.

Rodthamarth
12.14.2011 , 10:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iRulerAlain View Post
I am fairly annoyed because I had a problem with my original SWTOR account in which I could not access the e-mail address I registered the account on anymore as it belonged to my previous employer and I no longer had access to that e-mail address.
why on earth would you use your company email address? You should have set it up on your personal email address instead.

mfryder
12.14.2011 , 10:48 PM | #4

I originally placed my pre-order on the 27th of July 2011 for my original account and I was then told upon the advise of the SWTOR Customer Support group that there was nothing they could do and I would have to cancel my pre-order , create a new account and re-pre order the game. I eventually did this on the 7th of December because after waiting nearly 2 months to get some kind of a reply from them and 4 seperate phone calls to the support centre I had heard nothing yet so I created a new account and repre-ordered the game which landed up costing me even more than originally expected because of the dollar exchange rate .

The least I would have expected would be to get access to the early game based on my original pre-order but once again due to the tardiness of the Customer Support and their inability to reply to customers I now have to wait until tomorrow which is one day less early access than I paid for to be honest.

Could someone from the customer support department please just look at this because I would have been playing on the 13th already if I didn't follow the advise given out to me and followed my original plan of action to have you change the e-mail address on my account which apparently was too much work for you even though I knew all the details of the account including the secret questions.
Might wanna try the customer service forums on this one. But either way... your missing out on maybe a day and 1/2 of early play time if they don't address the issue. If they haven't emailed you back or answered your calls then you know they really don't care about the issue...

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 10:49 PM | #5
One word of advice, never use an employer's email address for anything that you need to have that is not work related.

Hell, I won't even use my website's email address for this game for the same reason.

Always use gmail or another freemail service that you're not going to lose access too if you change jobs, or the company you work for goes under.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

Shampoo
12.14.2011 , 10:49 PM | #6
I have a similar first world problem. My actual account is 2008 and has a defunct DDE pre-order before I found out the Best Buy I work at could snag a CE for me. I now have 3 pre-order codes and no EAC, oh well!
Support the Free Vette Movement! Enough is enough. It's time for equality for ALL species and genders in the Empire.

wilsonstone
12.14.2011 , 10:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimtheginger View Post
....... or don't use your work e-mail for your personal accounts.
Seriously. Man, why would you even think of doing that? Especially since its like too easy to make an email account from half a dozen different sources.

jarjarloves
12.14.2011 , 10:50 PM | #8
sorry but that is your own fault. For doing something as stupid as using a work email account for something personal especially when you can get any NUMBER OF FREE EMAIL ACCOUNTS.

I have no sympathy for you.

lightmaat
12.14.2011 , 10:50 PM | #9
check your PMs

Toohuman
12.14.2011 , 10:53 PM | #10

Bah ... I pre-ordered on July 21st but then I was abducted by Aliens until Dec 8th when I entered my code.
I haven't wanted IN something this bad since I was a virgin!