Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do i talk to my companion in private?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do i talk to my companion in private?

xnoxiousx
12.14.2011 , 10:31 PM | #1
Im lvl 12 sith warrior and i cant figure out how to do it. Im in some jungle area now should i have been able do it? I did my first flash point also but never have i seen area to go into my ship.

Revenar
12.14.2011 , 10:33 PM | #2
There are two places that you can easily talk to your companions that I know of: cantinas and your ship. There might be more, but those are the only two I've used so far.

xnoxiousx
12.14.2011 , 10:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenar View Post
There are two places that you can easily talk to your companions that I know of: cantinas and your ship. There might be more, but those are the only two I've used so far.
What lvl do i get my ship

Tolvinn
12.14.2011 , 10:38 PM | #4
you get the ship when you finish in the capital city. which is around lvl 16

VanCarak
12.14.2011 , 10:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by xnoxiousx View Post
Im lvl 12 sith warrior and i cant figure out how to do it. Im in some jungle area now should i have been able do it? I did my first flash point also but never have i seen area to go into my ship.
Cantina and your Ship. Enter them and they pop up with a quest marker above their heads.
Cathar? Pshaw! That's so last patch. Give us Shistavanen, or give us Death!

Sundragon
12.14.2011 , 10:46 PM | #6
Or when you first get to the fleet, you can talk to them there as well.
█||||()||||█Ξ███████████████████)

Astrolux
12.17.2011 , 10:40 PM | #7
Anyone else having the issue of not being able to talk to companion on your ship?
Jedi Consular and I cant talk to Tharan Cedrax or Qyzan Fess on my ship. I can however talk to them in a cantina but in the cantina Tharan is saying he wants to talk to me on my ship.

Jedi_white
12.17.2011 , 11:42 PM | #8
i am not able to talk to my companion in any cantina. i don't have a ship yet

RobDingo
12.18.2011 , 12:55 AM | #9
Your companion might not have anything special to say to you yet. The conversations with them are based on how much affection you have with them. once you reach the right point, they'll usually tell you "We need to talk," or something along those lines. Of course, that might come in the middle of a fight and is easy to not hear. If you want to check, just try talking to them anywhere. If they say "We should talk in private," then they're ready to talk. Head to a cantina (I've noticed the cantina outside of the Republic Senate Tower, where the smuggler trainer is, doesn't seem to work for this, for some reason.), or your ship, and you should see a marker appear over your companion, showing them as a quest giver. This just further goes to show you when your companion is ready to have a conversation with you. Each time you visit your ship, I'd suggest doing rounds and visiting each of your companions to see if they've got anything interesting to say.

EWJunkie
12.21.2011 , 05:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_white View Post
i am not able to talk to my companion in any cantina. i don't have a ship yet
^This.^
And he keeps telling me he has something to say.