Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't change resolution and worse performance than in beta

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Can't change resolution and worse performance than in beta

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HomemadePT
12.14.2011 , 10:31 PM | #1
As the title says, I can't change the resolution, because when I press "apply" or "ok" the screen turns black, so I can't press the "keep the changes" button and, therefor unable to pply the changes. So, when the screen comes back up it still has the old resolution.

And, am I the only one with worse performance in the PC than the one I had in beta...?

Apache
12.14.2011 , 10:41 PM | #2
Im also having horrible performance problems wich is a bit frustrating because my computer played great during Beta.

Im trying to figure out some tweaks or work arounds but nothing is working.

Bums me out because I payed for early access and cant even play. My early access is going to be wasted on waiting for Hotfixes or trying to figure out how to increase my performance somehow.

Oh and before someone says my computer just sucks... Its way above recomended requirements.

Cubeous
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #3
the same with me... i keep having 1024 resolution. Is it a game bug or do i have my ati radeon 3470 to blame?
"Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side"

TheRealXylitol
12.15.2011 , 06:23 AM | #4
I've seen a lot of people complaining about this in general, I'm also having problems when in beta I ran fine on high settings.

szamtoch
12.15.2011 , 08:49 AM | #5
Bump, same problem here. Really frustrating... Can someone resolve this issue? I tried to find settings.ini in game folder or smt like that but i failed.

KazdamRass
12.15.2011 , 08:51 AM | #6
having huge fps problems, when i ran high settings in beta

szamtoch
12.15.2011 , 08:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KazdamRass View Post
having huge fps problems, when i ran high settings in beta
It is not the main problem. We/I are asking about how to change f* resolution if we go black screen so we cannot push ''KEEP SETTINGS'' button. It really makes my fps low because it wants me to play im 1366x1250 or smt like that resolution :/

szamtoch
12.15.2011 , 09:30 AM | #8
BUMP, because I realy stuck because of this. Doesn anyone have the same problem?

LordoftheMoo
12.15.2011 , 09:34 AM | #9
I found that it was taking a bit of time to cycle, but I was getting the loading screen before it came around to the keep/revert question box. If you're not seeing the loading screen (you say you had a black screen) then perhaps the resolutions you're choosing aren't working for you? It could be refresh rate or something that your monitor doesn't like when you change over, assuming you're running fullscreen (not windowed). Have you tried running it fully windowed and then adjusting the resolution, and then setting it back to fullscreen? Keep in mind that if the resolution is unfriendly to your monitor/video drivers, you might end up with a bad setting that's unworkable.

SigneGT
12.15.2011 , 11:46 AM | #10
I have tried all of the above, none of them worked.

Everything worked fine in the beta