Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Key

Illestra
12.14.2011 , 10:29 PM | #1
I am attempting to follow the instructions provided on the website to register a mobile security key. The website asks me to enter the serial number of my security key. The instructions to find the serial key are to launch the app and access the information page. However, when I launch the app, it also asks me to enter a serial number and there is no ability to access an icon for the information page. Think I'm following the instructions as directed, but not sure how to get past this.

TheFuerza
12.14.2011 , 10:33 PM | #2
I have the exact same problem. Hope to get an answer soon!

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 10:33 PM | #3
The serial number is located on your account here at swtor.com under the "security key" section. Once you go there, tell it you want to add a mobile authenticator, and then it will give you a serial number and a longer (20 digits, I believe) code. Those are the numbers you need to put in the iPhone authenticator app.

-HM
"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

Pastywhiteguy
12.14.2011 , 10:41 PM | #4
Following up on this thread instead of making a new post, but when I go to download the mobile app....it doesn't have a link to download that I can see. Can anyone provide a direct link?

Illestra
12.14.2011 , 10:43 PM | #5
Ok, the info posted by HM seemed to work. What I did was re-hit the security key link on my page and then it came up with the info. I then followed each of the prompts, and it seemed to work, i.e. it generated a code for the mobile app and then a confirmation code. Once I set it up it can up with some kind of weird error message, but I've logged back in and out, been asked to use the security code, entered it and everything worked fine. So I guess that's the work around.

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 10:43 PM | #6
You have to download it via iTunes. Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac and search for "bioware" in the app store and you'll find it.

-HM

Illestra
12.14.2011 , 10:45 PM | #7
I was having trouble finding the app on my itouch. So I originally searched for it in itunes and then wrote that address into safari. This opened up the app store and showed it. I noticed that it seems they've called the app 'swtor sk', so perhaps searching that way will cause it to be found.

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 10:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Illestra View Post
Ok, the info posted by HM seemed to work. What I did was re-hit the security key link on my page and then it came up with the info. I then followed each of the prompts, and it seemed to work, i.e. it generated a code for the mobile app and then a confirmation code. Once I set it up it can up with some kind of weird error message, but I've logged back in and out, been asked to use the security code, entered it and everything worked fine. So I guess that's the work around.
I got the weird error message too at the top of the web page directly after setting it up, but it definitely works. This web site asks me for the code every so often as well when I look at my account info.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to remove the security key. Which of course might be something we would want to do at some point. Say, if we got a new phone...

-HM

Hollow_Man
12.14.2011 , 10:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Illestra View Post
I was having trouble finding the app on my itouch. So I originally searched for it in itunes and then wrote that address into safari. This opened up the app store and showed it. I noticed that it seems they've called the app 'swtor sk', so perhaps searching that way will cause it to be found.
Ah good one. Yes, if I search for "swtor" in the app store on my iPhone, that brings it up in the search hits. 4th app down.

-HM

Ophania
12.15.2011 , 07:05 AM | #10
When I hit the security key link in my account it only gives me physical fob information. I cannot find the info to register a mobile key.