Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mako, Torian, and too much affection for the former.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Mako, Torian, and too much affection for the former.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenovan
01.27.2012 , 09:18 AM | #21
Hmm, a variety of experiences here! An attempt to summarize: what triggers the Torian/Mako relationship, and what ends it?

Male BH:
Theory: If Torian's affection is higher than Mako's, they may end up together.

Note that this is counter to what the OP was worried about -- but the post he was getting info from was from a female BH's perspective, and I would expect the situation to be reversed for a male.

This kinda makes sense, because system-wise, it seems that you're not interested in pursuing Mako.

Other factors:
- It would seem odd to me if you already have initiated a romance with Mako for her to suddenly get interested in Torian, or for Torian to be tactless enough to try to cut in. Perhaps it only happens if you haven't activated the actual romance with Mako?

Female BH:
Theory: If Mako's affection is higher than Torian's, they may end up together.

Again, to the system, it might seem that you are not interested in Torian.

Other factors:
- Apparently Mako will "test the waters" with the fem BH to get an all-clear, which seems fair. Would be interested in knowing if Torian does the same for a male BH.
- Mako doesn't seem to express jealousy? (Maybe from a character standpoint, she realizes the fem BH and Torian suit each other better. Just a thought!)

Mako and Torian:
They may break up after a while.

What might lead to this? It sounds like it doesn't always occur. Is there a trigger for it (affection levels, conversations, etc)?

Other factors:
- Torian may tell a (female?) BH that he likes Mando women, and Mako is no Mando. Maybe they're just incompatible in the long run.
- Given that, what does Torian make of a non-Mando fem BH in a romance, I wonder?

(Ah, flashbacks to deciphering companion behavior in Dragon Age...)
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Eysaathe
01.27.2012 , 09:36 AM | #22
Spoiler

So hopefully, Torian will be mine all mine!! Muahahaha!
Dot Dot Dot - Remind you of something?

Davvy
01.27.2012 , 10:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kikilicious View Post
I'm playing as a female, and didn't want the whole Mako gaining intrest in Torian thing to work out (one of my best friends at the time cheated with my boyfriend, don't ever want that to happen again). Here's what I did:

When I found out I was getting Torian, I googled what presents he liked. I bought roughly 20k's worth before I got him, and about 30k afterward. It got him about 20 points higher than hers was. I then used Mako for the fights, and Torian for cutscenes, just for the extra bonus. After Act II, w got married within 5 minuets.
LOL - Talk about buying yourself some LUV!

My female Merc is 41 and leveling almost exclusively with Mako. Will let her and Torian sort it out themselves - Mako's affection is much higher than his, of course. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship develops, and how it survives (or not) the test of time...

Vewdo
01.27.2012 , 12:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
I have Less than 200 torian affection and 10000 mako. I went through the entire mako romance arc and she never expressed any interest in torian. I don't see how torian affection has anything to do with the mako romance.
I did this also and had no issues either.

HanzoV
01.27.2012 , 12:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eysaathe View Post
Spoiler

So hopefully, Torian will be mine all mine!! Muahahaha!
HAHA

Spoiler
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

Eysaathe
01.27.2012 , 01:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HanzoV View Post
HAHA

Spoiler
Pretty much :P

Spoiler

Jenovan
01.27.2012 , 01:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eysaathe View Post
Pretty much :P

Spoiler
That IS weird, I was gonna ask, don't you have a choice to say that? How peculiar.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Kunovega
01.27.2012 , 01:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
I have Less than 200 torian affection and 10000 mako. I went through the entire mako romance arc and she never expressed any interest in torian. I don't see how torian affection has anything to do with the mako romance.
the only effect it can have is to delay it slightly by making more talking points between completion of the romance

for torian and mako to be romantic you need to actually keep choosing that option and encouraging it. if mako is on that story arc you will not be able to romance either of them until you either tell them to stop talking about it (as in take an option like, its not gonna work out) or you let it go to the end of its storyline (which isnt very deep) and they end up breaking up anyway and than you can get back to romancing either one of them depending on your gender/affection

the only thing the mako/torian romance does is create a series of extra conversations which lead to you either telling them to break up or you encourage them and they fail on their own and break up and than its back on track with whatever other companion arc you were on

thier romance doesnt happen at all if you already are on a romance arc with mako prior to getting torian, but its at most slightly delayed if you do it the other way around

as a female bounty hunter i had to jump through the mako/torian arc before being able to romance torian myself, it took all of an extra 10 minutes of conversations, so its not even a big delay. and yes i was actually encouraging her to go for him so i could see how that would play out, because i didnt care about romancing him myself, but the option to do that came up later anyway since they fail.
This is not the signature you're looking for...

Eysaathe
01.27.2012 , 02:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunovega View Post
the only effect it can have is to delay it slightly by making more talking points between completion of the romance

for torian and mako to be romantic you need to actually keep choosing that option and encouraging it. if mako is on that story arc you will not be able to romance either of them until you either tell them to stop talking about it (as in take an option like, its not gonna work out) or you let it go to the end of its storyline (which isnt very deep) and they end up breaking up anyway and than you can get back to romancing either one of them depending on your gender/affection

the only thing the mako/torian romance does is create a series of extra conversations which lead to you either telling them to break up or you encourage them and they fail on their own and break up and than its back on track with whatever other companion arc you were on

thier romance doesnt happen at all if you already are on a romance arc with mako prior to getting torian, but its at most slightly delayed if you do it the other way around

as a female bounty hunter i had to jump through the mako/torian arc before being able to romance torian myself, it took all of an extra 10 minutes of conversations, so its not even a big delay. and yes i was actually encouraging her to go for him so i could see how that would play out, because i didnt care about romancing him myself, but the option to do that came up later anyway since they fail.
Thanks for the info! Now I wish I had encouraged her just to see it lol

TempestasSilva
01.27.2012 , 04:05 PM | #30
I think Kunovega is my new favorite poster. Thanks so much for all the info here and in other threads.