Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mako, Torian, and too much affection for the former.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Mako, Torian, and too much affection for the former.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twighead
01.26.2012 , 05:47 PM | #11
I have Less than 200 torian affection and 10000 mako. I went through the entire mako romance arc and she never expressed any interest in torian. I don't see how torian affection has anything to do with the mako romance.

Dinoviking
01.26.2012 , 05:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Twighead View Post
I have Less than 200 torian affection and 10000 mako. I went through the entire mako romance arc and she never expressed any interest in torian. I don't see how torian affection has anything to do with the mako romance.
Agreed. I had 9000+ affection with her before I ever got Torian and I was able to complete the romance option no problem. I have 10,000 with her now and I just married her without any issues with Torian. I think the Mako+Torian tryst only happens if you decide to avoid romancing Mako and allow Torian's affection to advance past hers. Otherwise, romancing Mako should be no problem.

My experience at least. Could be wrong.
LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.

TempestasSilva
01.26.2012 , 06:01 PM | #13
I totally get it now. I am sorry that I can't answer your question, as Mako and I are just friends but there has also been no noticible romance btwn Mako and Torian.

I am glad others are smarter, or at least more intuitive than me.

Hopefully you have some good answers and good luck!

Rhinzual
01.26.2012 , 07:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dinoviking View Post
Agreed. I had 9000+ affection with her before I ever got Torian and I was able to complete the romance option no problem. I have 10,000 with her now and I just married her without any issues with Torian. I think the Mako+Torian tryst only happens if you decide to avoid romancing Mako and allow Torian's affection to advance past hers. Otherwise, romancing Mako should be no problem.

My experience at least. Could be wrong.
Thanks, I appreciate it. It's just with what I've read on other boards and lack of documentation on the sites like swtor-spy, I can't always tell what's what.

nateslice
01.26.2012 , 08:19 PM | #15
I play a female BH, and I'd rather see Mako and Torian stay together, myself.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

Jenovan
01.26.2012 , 08:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by nateslice View Post
I play a female BH, and I'd rather see Mako and Torian stay together, myself.
I admit the concept is pretty damn cute. XD

I'm curious why they would break up, though!
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Kikilicious
01.26.2012 , 10:49 PM | #17
I'm playing as a female, and didn't want the whole Mako gaining intrest in Torian thing to work out (one of my best friends at the time cheated with my boyfriend, don't ever want that to happen again). Here's what I did:

When I found out I was getting Torian, I googled what presents he liked. I bought roughly 20k's worth before I got him, and about 30k afterward. It got him about 20 points higher than hers was. I then used Mako for the fights, and Torian for cutscenes, just for the extra bonus. After Act II, w got married within 5 minuets.

Quote:
I'm curious why they would break up, though!
I hear it fails regardless of if you influence it or not (never had to, married him). He tells you that his type are Mando girls. Maybe that's it? You become the Mando, not Mako?
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

Rhinzual
01.27.2012 , 12:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kikilicious View Post
I'm playing as a female, and didn't want the whole Mako gaining intrest in Torian thing to work out (one of my best friends at the time cheated with my boyfriend, don't ever want that to happen again). Here's what I did:

When I found out I was getting Torian, I googled what presents he liked. I bought roughly 20k's worth before I got him, and about 30k afterward. It got him about 20 points higher than hers was. I then used Mako for the fights, and Torian for cutscenes, just for the extra bonus. After Act II, w got married within 5 minuets.

I hear it fails regardless of if you influence it or not (never had to, married him). He tells you that his type are Mando girls. Maybe that's it? You become the Mando, not Mako?
So once Act III rolls around, I should be in the clear?

Progath
01.27.2012 , 01:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kikilicious View Post

This happens? When? I have completed my class story, have Mako at 10,000 affection and Torian at around 5000 and the last time their relationship was even mentioned was when
Spoiler

Mephane
01.27.2012 , 02:41 AM | #20
My BH is female, too, and I really wanted Mako+Torian to get together and even started encouraging her, but upon learning that if you followed that route their relationship would eventually fail anyway, I decided to take Torian for myself. Never since then did Mako even mention or hint at her own feelings, I had already expected her being jealous after all. Really weird.
Ceterum censeo chat bubbles addenda et party bomb reddendum esse.
---
The Alot is Better Than You at Everything