Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"Darths" in SWTOR (How common?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
"Darths" in SWTOR (How common?)

Rasmaul's Avatar


Rasmaul
01.26.2012 , 02:48 PM | #1
Sorry if this had been asked before, but I am curious if there is any mention as to how a sith becomes a "Darth" during this era? I am pretty sure it is no small feat to accomplish, but coming from an RP server you see more "Darths" than you know what to do with.

I guess to put it simply:

- Is there a standard procedure to become a Darth? If so what are they?

WolfOfOdin's Avatar


WolfOfOdin
01.26.2012 , 03:08 PM | #2
It really depends.

A Sith could rise to Darth via political manipulations, assassinating their rivals, doing something that benefits the Empire, leading successful military campaigns or even plain old nepotism.

Being a Darth doesn't make you the supreme ****** Sith though. You still have to answer to the Dark Council

Natarii's Avatar


Natarii
01.26.2012 , 03:09 PM | #3
Kill your master who is a darth! It's the sith way, the apprentice becomes the master. You only hold power until such time as someone more powerful takes it from you and assumes your title!
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Eliezer's Avatar


Eliezer
01.26.2012 , 03:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasmaul View Post
Sorry if this had been asked before, but I am curious if there is any mention as to how a sith becomes a "Darth" during this era? I am pretty sure it is no small feat to accomplish, but coming from an RP server you see more "Darths" than you know what to do with.

I guess to put it simply:

- Is there a standard procedure to become a Darth? If so what are they?
You have to also take it with a grain of salt. Strictly speaking, there are only 8 characters in the SWTOR story. Every Sith Inquisitor you see is actually the same person :-p They went through an identical story, apprencticed to the same master, got the same accolades.

There is ONLY ONE Barsen'thor (or however it is spelled) in the entire Jedi Order... it just happens to be every single Consular who finishes Chapter 1

Jaksith's Avatar


Jaksith
01.26.2012 , 03:24 PM | #5
Spoiler

Koronii's Avatar


Koronii
01.26.2012 , 03:25 PM | #6
I don't really know how Darths are created. A person becomes a Lord when they've finished their apprenticeship, but we only get two examples of someone becoming a Darth, both of which were given the title by the Dark Council in unusual circumstances.

Rasmaul's Avatar


Rasmaul
01.26.2012 , 03:27 PM | #7
Thanks for the responses! Luckily I have not run into anyone trying to claim to be the character from their story line, but there are a lot of individuals who still wield the Darth title for their sith. I was just curious how possible it was for more sith to become a Darth. That being said I do take it with a grain of salt because the sheer number of Darths that hang out in the cantina on the fleet would crash it planet-side.

Eliezer's Avatar


Eliezer
01.26.2012 , 03:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasmaul View Post
Thanks for the responses! Luckily I have not run into anyone trying to claim to be the character from their story line, but there are a lot of individuals who still wield the Darth title for their sith. I was just curious how possible it was for more sith to become a Darth. That being said I do take it with a grain of salt because the sheer number of Darths that hang out in the cantina on the fleet would crash it planet-side.
"Luckily?" Who else would you be? I simply assume every other Consular is simply reliving my greatest hits. Perhaps you have a different definition for RPG

Rasmaul's Avatar


Rasmaul
01.26.2012 , 03:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eliezer View Post
"Luckily?" Who else would you be? I simply assume every other Consular is simply reliving my greatest hits. Perhaps you have a different definition for RPG
Well as I said I am on an RP server, if everyone ran around role playing the same character it would be maddening. I love the story Bioware has created for the characters, but if everyone claimed to be the apprentice of Darth Baras then things just wouldn't work.

bggg's Avatar


bggg
01.26.2012 , 03:36 PM | #10
Try this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth

Has some nice info about the usage and how it is gained in the different Star Wars time periods.