Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just answer me already.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SchizoDelight
12.14.2011 , 11:01 PM | #21
The problem with your picture is the graphics card, as others have suggested.
You need a dedicated graphics card, and not to try to run it from Intel integrated "HD" graphics, you do not have enough dedicated RAM on the "card" to support the game features.

The same goes to the person who posted about freezing, you do not seem to have enough dedicated memory, and I have noticed others having ATI problems.
"Honor is a fool's prize; Glory is of no use to the dead."

Shroudfreeze
12.14.2011 , 11:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Malevolent View Post
Same boat as Shroud here... so, what is the laptop minimum specified graphics card needed to play this game? I have Intel(R) 4 chipset express family, yada yada. My system is mainly used for work, modelling, etc. But unable to play this game? How could I go about updating or replacing my graphics card relatively cheaply and easily up to Swtor specs? Very disappointed this occurred right when I was ready to play... no offense, is it to much to hope for, to have settings for most system types? World of Warcraft does, I know, I played it on this laptop.
Yeah I hate WoW but I could run that no prob on this. Im going to go get an estimate tomorrow and I'll post what I find if there's not an acceptable answer.

Darth_Malevolent
12.14.2011 , 11:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudfreeze View Post
Yeah I hate WoW but I could run that no prob on this. Im going to go get an estimate tomorrow and I'll post what I find if there's not an acceptable answer.
Thinking about taking it to best buy, give them the min spec requirements swtor needs and tell them, how much?
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

Shroudfreeze
12.14.2011 , 11:05 PM | #24
Thinking about taking it to best buy, give them the min spec requirements swtor needs and tell them, how much?
Be careful going there they tend to know less than even us lol. I had to explain what a blue screen was to one employee. Yeah all ya can do is just really cross your fingers for a cheap fix. I'm not paying 200+ to fix the card + the game + subscriptions. I barely make 200 a paycheck as is.

Darth_Malevolent
12.14.2011 , 11:05 PM | #25
I think it isnt too much to ask that there is a spec made for people like us. This is pretty much alienating a large portion of customers, 2 out of what 8? 1/4th of us having this issue

splices
12.14.2011 , 11:06 PM | #26
Same boat as Shroud here... so, what is the laptop minimum specified graphics card needed to play this game? I have Intel(R) 4 chipset express family, yada yada. My system is mainly used for work, modelling, etc. But unable to play this game? How could I go about updating or replacing my graphics card relatively cheaply and easily up to Swtor specs? Very disappointed this occurred right when I was ready to play... no offense, is it to much to hope for, to have settings for most system types? World of Warcraft does, I know, I played it on this laptop.
Don't compair this game to an 7 year old train ,,,,, nvm

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/

just saying its the place i got my laptop ^^
"We do not recognize your authority!"

R.I.P My good old buddy we will miss you > . <

Muffintopped
12.14.2011 , 11:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SchizoDelight View Post
The problem with your picture is the graphics card, as others have suggested.
You need a dedicated graphics card, and not to try to run it from Intel integrated "HD" graphics, you do not have enough dedicated RAM on the "card" to support the game features.

The same goes to the person who posted about freezing, you do not seem to have enough dedicated memory, and I have noticed others having ATI problems.
Explain to me how i dont have enough dedicated Memory for my card when i beta tested thsi game 3x and never crashed one time? This is the same computer nothing has changed i blow the Requirments out of the water.
And shepherds we shall be,For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,And teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

Shroudfreeze
12.14.2011 , 11:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Muffintopped View Post
Explain to me how i dont have enough dedicated Memory for my card when i beta tested thsi game 3x and never crashed one time? This is the same computer nothing has changed i blow the Requirments out of the water.
The force said no I guess lol. For the record I could play the beta for awhile before my whole mess started shrug. By awhile I mean like an hour.

DallasRT
12.14.2011 , 11:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Muffintopped View Post
So explain to me WHY my computer is freezing every few mins? I am SICK of not being able to play when i could play durning Beta THIS SUCKS! here is my info.

Available OS Memory: 3834MB RAM

Display Memory: 1977 MB
Dedicated Memory: 316 MB
Shared Memory: 1661 MB

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1107 (English)
Driver Version: 8.920.0.0
A couple of things.

1. Your video is an integrated model into your laptop.
2. The current driver for your model is 11.12 posted 12/13/2011.
3. Your laptop may say 1977 display memory available, but only 316 is the actual video memory and it is having to pull the other 1661 from your RAM. In short, your video card is not up to specs.

Darth_Malevolent
12.14.2011 , 11:12 PM | #30
I think it isnt too much to ask that there is a spec made for people like us. This is pretty much alienating a large portion of customers, 2 out of what 8? 1/4th of us having this issue
I once compared Early Access to buying an express ticket at an amusement park to just get into a different line to wait your turn. But now with this, its like waiting and when it IS your turn you realize the big fat guy in front of you takes up two seats and now you have to wait for the next ride. Very annoyed