Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Finder

rustyboi
01.26.2012 , 08:35 PM | #11
I am completely agree with the above statement i pay 8.99 to play a game and enjoy the experience of smooth game play not to stand around asking in chat for a healer or tank for an hour this Flashpoint Finder will make it easier to enjoy the game more keep this thread going

Shalala
01.26.2012 , 09:02 PM | #12
As a long term player of MMOs and a player of wow since it's release i confirm that the dungeon finder (and now raid finder) have killed the community by making everything doable with anonymous people you will probably never see again. Yes, games are played by people and communities are made of people, but when such a shortcut is presented in the system it removes the whole "Hey" "Hi" "Interested in tanking xxx" "I will add you to my friends so we can do some more later maybe " thing. Have you ever friended someone on RealID that you had a nice time within a LFR/DF group?

It cheapens the game a lot, and removes the social aspect of it.

jetah
01.26.2012 , 09:11 PM | #13
I'd only want to because of the teleporting to the front door and back to where i was. No different then the Warzone tool. I bet many people would stop questing if they knew they could be ported there and back.

my problem is wanting to leave where/what i'm doing then having to return.

I'm on a low pop server and it would be very nice to get in a FP que with the other servers that are higher pop.

Vedious
01.26.2012 , 10:37 PM | #14
most of the people saying that a lfg tool isnt needed are probably people who are on high pop servers, my server has like 30 lvl 50s and is impossible to get pug going and even with a guild it is hard to get fp groups. So why do people on low pop servers have to be punished for that, just put in a lfg tool so i actully have something to do other then the dam dailies.

ninjasqurl
01.26.2012 , 10:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by rustyboi View Post
Is it just me or is it hard to get a group together for flashpoints, that's why i think we need a flashpoint finder
Sure, I can see the use here.
Quote: Originally Posted by rustyboi View Post
and it definitely needs to be cross server,
ABSOLUTELY 100000000000% NO. Cross Server kills any semblance of community policing and just causes players to degenerate into terrible people.

Nitewolfe
01.26.2012 , 11:06 PM | #16
Posting to add my voice to 100% support the demand for a cross server lfd tool!
These tools are the best thing to happen to the mmo genre and ALL other games are now adding them! Swtor needs to get with the times!

Sura
01.27.2012 , 01:04 AM | #17
I skimmed the articles and didn't see anyone bring it up but, sometime during prelaunch I do recall watching an interview with one of the developers who said they did plan on implementing group finder in the future. They did not include it for launch for the reason they wanted people to see the world they made by questing not running stuff over and over.

Rutrict
01.27.2012 , 02:46 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Raehj View Post
I'll only be gentle because you said "in my opinion".

Your making blanket statements - and most of your frustrations quite obviously have to do with coming from ezmoad WoW - and not finding the same features here. You chaps could have all read before purchasing that this wasn't included, moreover - you could have read that BioWare doesn't like the idea of LFG finders ATM.

No, instead you keep pushing your points, blatantly ignoring that you can't make friends, build a group by yourself of your own volition, add that good healer to friends list and schedule a FP run. No, you want instant gratification with little effort.

If they acquiesce to you wobbly masses about the tool, the very next subject will be the difficulty of the HM's - basically because you chose to eschew the social aspects of "vetting" for again, instant gratification.

Please learn how to "communicate" with others on a MMORPG, or wait until the game world is fractured and elongated enough for reasonable people to actually agree with you.
^ - This person deserves a medal or something awesome!! OMG THIS!!!

Seriously, I am a tank and you know what fills up MY friends list?? Healers. People I have ran FP on HM with a great many deal of times. You know what happens when I personally log in??? I get 9 or more whispers FROM those healers because they know I am skilled and eager to invite them. DPS can do this also... L2P omg.......... This is NOT WoW and if that's what you want to turn this game into than please, cancel your sub and leave. I'd rather not play WoW with lightsabers.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Rutrict
01.27.2012 , 02:48 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vedious View Post
most of the people saying that a lfg tool isnt needed are probably people who are on high pop servers, my server has like 30 lvl 50s and is impossible to get pug going and even with a guild it is hard to get fp groups. So why do people on low pop servers have to be punished for that, just put in a lfg tool so i actully have something to do other then the dam dailies.
This is fail. I specifically chose a "light" server so that I knew my role as Tank would be desired and I wouldn't need to wait long for a FP. I have a DPS on the SAME server and I have no problems getting into FP HMs. I do them all daily on both characters. I am sorry you can't make friends or that you just fail enough for people on the server to not want you in their FP.....
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

enchanterDown
01.27.2012 , 02:50 AM | #20
Go to fleet, advertise role and fp, profit. It's not hard you don't need a fp finder just because you are too lazy to go back to fleet and ask while you can still grind out levels on taris -__-';;;. A fp finder would ruin the community as it has done in COUNTLESS OTHER GAMES, so why go down the same path? Not like having any of that gear matters since you will be running the same FP's in hardmode...