Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Finder

rustyboi
01.26.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1
Is it just me or is it hard to get a group together for flashpoints, that's why i think we need a flashpoint finder and it definitely needs to be cross server, its just so hard finding tanks and healers sometimes anyone with me

Alairus
01.26.2012 , 01:59 PM | #2
I agree 100%

Jellison
01.26.2012 , 02:02 PM | #3
I'm on a RP Server, Shien, on Shien I just say "LFG(Let's say Mael) Maelstrom Prison." I am immediately pleasantly greeted with a "I'll join up!" And "How do you do, good sire? I am Lee Oglethorpe, Gentleman of War. I will DPS." Healers take a while to find and occasionally tanks take a while, but aside of that, no problems. If you've played WoW, you'd know it destroyed WoW's community. You just click, wait, get into a group of people you don't know that you are free to troll/ninja from with no repercussions, by all means, Bioware, make a FP finder! /sarcasm
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.

Argo_
01.26.2012 , 03:35 PM | #4
we need it NOW!
All the Force you can eat!

KaiHeilos
01.26.2012 , 03:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
If you've played WoW, you'd know it destroyed WoW's community. You just click, wait, get into a group of people you don't know that you are free to troll/ninja from with no repercussions, by all means, Bioware, make a FP finder! /sarcasm
If you've played any MMO in existence, you'd know people destroy communities. You just type "LFG DPS", wait, get into a group of people you don't know that you are free to troll/ninja from with no repercussions.

Raehj
01.26.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by rustyboi View Post
Is it just me or is it hard to get a group together for flashpoints, that's why i think we need a flashpoint finder and it definitely needs to be cross server, its just so hard finding tanks and healers sometimes anyone with me
I've made several staunch defenses against what your asking about.

I tire of scolding you LFG Finding folks so I'll try to be more succinct.

No.

Vedious
01.26.2012 , 05:21 PM | #7
any1 who doesnt want a lfg system is out of their mind, people saying how it ruined wows community, it didnt do anything like that, and wow made it impossible to ninja pretty much. All it would do is make the game a lot less time consuming and more enjoyable, yes sometimes u have to deal with idiots in the group but u can always just kick them. Id rather be in a fp with an idiot then not in 1 altogether.

iRob
01.26.2012 , 05:45 PM | #8
I really don't understand people who say that a finder would destroy the community. That's rubbish.

People who actually care about community usually are in a guild and therefore have a large group of people to play with. And those who keep saying to just type LFG/LFM into the general chat are either really lucky or don't do it much. Or they're healers/tanks. Because I'm DPS and it takes over 30 minutes that way.

Plus, ninja looting could be solved by simply not allowing you to 'need' on something that your class cannot use. For example, Sorcerers can't 'need' on medium/heavy armour or double-bladed lightsabers or guns.

This might anger some people, but you could even show an 'options' box before you add yourself to a queue where you can decide which rules you'd like to play with and then it'd group you with others who want the same.

There's really no excuse and not having a finder is really a step backwards in my opinion.

Raehj
01.26.2012 , 06:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by iRob View Post
I really don't understand people who say that a finder would destroy the community. That's rubbish.

People who actually care about community usually are in a guild and therefore have a large group of people to play with. And those who keep saying to just type LFG/LFM into the general chat are either really lucky or don't do it much. Or they're healers/tanks. Because I'm DPS and it takes over 30 minutes that way.

Plus, ninja looting could be solved by simply not allowing you to 'need' on something that your class cannot use. For example, Sorcerers can't 'need' on medium/heavy armour or double-bladed lightsabers or guns.

This might anger some people, but you could even show an 'options' box before you add yourself to a queue where you can decide which rules you'd like to play with and then it'd group you with others who want the same.

There's really no excuse and not having a finder is really a step backwards in my opinion.

I'll only be gentle because you said "in my opinion".

Your making blanket statements - and most of your frustrations quite obviously have to do with coming from ezmoad WoW - and not finding the same features here. You chaps could have all read before purchasing that this wasn't included, moreover - you could have read that BioWare doesn't like the idea of LFG finders ATM.

No, instead you keep pushing your points, blatantly ignoring that you can't make friends, build a group by yourself of your own volition, add that good healer to friends list and schedule a FP run. No, you want instant gratification with little effort.

If they acquiesce to you wobbly masses about the tool, the very next subject will be the difficulty of the HM's - basically because you chose to eschew the social aspects of "vetting" for again, instant gratification.

Please learn how to "communicate" with others on a MMORPG, or wait until the game world is fractured and elongated enough for reasonable people to actually agree with you.

iRob
01.26.2012 , 06:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raehj View Post
I'll only be gentle because you said "in my opinion".

Your making blanket statements - and most of your frustrations quite obviously have to do with coming from ezmoad WoW - and not finding the same features here. You chaps could have all read before purchasing that this wasn't included, moreover - you could have read that BioWare doesn't like the idea of LFG finders ATM.

No, instead you keep pushing your points, blatantly ignoring that you can't make friends, build a group by yourself of your own volition, add that good healer to friends list and schedule a FP run. No, you want instant gratification with little effort.

If they acquiesce to you wobbly masses about the tool, the very next subject will be the difficulty of the HM's - basically because you chose to eschew the social aspects of "vetting" for again, instant gratification.

Please learn how to "communicate" with others on a MMORPG, or wait until the game world is fractured and elongated enough for reasonable people to actually agree with you.
First off, I never played WoW so I'm not sure how that's "quite obvious" to you, but I know it had the dungeon finder which was implemented after launch and I've seen it used while at friends' houses and stuff. Why take that step backwards and remove a tool that was so helpful? How would XBOX gamers feel if the 'Find Game' option on COD or Battlefield went back to the old school days of having to find people to play with yourself? Or scrolling through a huge list to find a game with an open slot? It's a step backwards.

Second, I can make friends. There's 18 people on my friends list whom I've added when grouping up to do heroics, and I'm in a guild with 280 members with around 60-70 online in peak hours. And yet, when I post that ever magical "LFG" comment into guild chat or to my friends, they're often busy questing. Or quite often I get two who say yes and then we can't find that illusive tank/healer and we all just forget it. Plus, I'm from England so naturally play on a UK server. After around 11pm during the week the game is dead. So am I supposed to just stand around doing nothing in the fleet if I want to play after 11?

Also, I find it a little silly when people keep saying that we expect to find a group with little effort. Of course we do. Since when did a computer game have to require effort? It's a game. Of course if I want the high level gear and everything then that requires effort. But suggesting that a game should require hard work and effort to find 3 other players to play with is ridiculous.

I understand that not everybody wants such a system, but there are too many fanboys who are so dead set on this game being as different from WoW as possible that they just won't accept that some tool is needed - whether it's an automatic finder or something else.

On top of that, if such a tool was implemented, it could always be made only available to certain servers so that people who wish to look for groups the current way can still do so. There are ways around the issues and suggesting otherwise is just plain ignorance.