Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happens to Sith Empire?

wickedUOF
01.26.2012 , 01:19 PM | #1
From what I've read on the internet, the Sith empire we know from TOR just disapears? I know that Darth Ruin makes the New Sith Empires and eventually that too splinters and makes the Brotherhood and then rule of two, but what happens to what we know from the game?
I've read about the Sith Emperor, lord vitiate, but it doesn't say what his fate ultimately was.

ceciltaru
01.26.2012 , 01:34 PM | #2
Hopefully we'll find out in the 6th expansion!

ie. nothings out there yet to say what happens.

undeadsithdread
01.26.2012 , 02:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wickedUOF View Post
From what I've read on the internet, the Sith empire we know from TOR just disapears? I know that Darth Ruin makes the New Sith Empires and eventually that too splinters and makes the Brotherhood and then rule of two, but what happens to what we know from the game?
I've read about the Sith Emperor, lord vitiate, but it doesn't say what his fate ultimately was.
if the game takes after the movies 3000 years would have been better.....

we still get revan and meet other familer characters like obi-wan luke etc.....their ghosts i mean.
Sith assassin Forever!

Smugglecat
01.26.2012 , 02:15 PM | #4
I've been wondering this a lot as well. I think you can start to get an idea from some of the end-game stories in this game though. If you play some of them to 50 and finish all the class missions, it's a lot easier to draw conclusions.

Personally I think that the Sith are just ripping each other apart with all the in-fighting. It may be the Sith way and it's probably more than expected to battle one another for power, but it's no good for an empire.
--==CATHARSIS==--
"Weakness,be purged."
16-Player Progression Raiding | EST PVE | Light RP | Casual PvP | 18+
Recruitment Thread | Homepage | Guild Forums

Setta
01.26.2012 , 02:17 PM | #5
That's because the story on what happens to this empire, is in this game, which isn't finished yet. So the story isn't finihsed yet....
http://www.swtor.com/r/dHJSGq Refer a friend code. Bonuses from bundles to a week of extra sub time.

OldVengeance
01.26.2012 , 03:14 PM | #6
The Sith Empire was supposed to be long dead at this point prior to the existence of Kotor 2. TOR and Kotor 2 (and maybe Kotor 1? It's hard to say) The fact that they exist at all this far into the timeline is new information. The reason there is no fate detailed for them in the rest of the EU is because they weren't a part of it anymore until now. All we know is that they were supposed to be gone by 2000 years Before the movies. Darth Ruin's fall to the dark side and new Sith Empire was starting from scratch, unless they retcon that as well.

justahdude
01.26.2012 , 03:44 PM | #7
I am fairly sure the sith empire as it is now eventually kills itself, it exists until the rule of two.

wickedUOF
01.27.2012 , 12:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by justahdude View Post
I am fairly sure the sith empire as it is now eventually kills itself, it exists until the rule of two.
From what I've read, The empire as it is now has completely vanished by 2000 BBY, and a Jedi Knight falls to the dark side and names himself Darth Ruin. He takes 50 jedi with him and they form the New Sith Empire, which persists 1000 years until infighting has led to many splinter groups. ~1000 BBY a sith named Lord Kaan unites the sith groups and they call themselves Brotherhood of Darkness and stop using the Darth title. This doesn't last long and Darth Bane is trained up about the time the Jedi kill all but 3 sith and Darth Bane restructures into Rule of Two

OldVengeance
01.27.2012 , 01:29 AM | #9
That's pretty much right. Darth Ruin was a Jedi who fell to the darkside. He didn't have any connection to the Ancient Sith. Or at least no known one. And considering his order became the Sith of that generation, the Old Sith would presumably have to have vanished for the New Sith Empire to be called what it was.

jackalious
01.27.2012 , 02:17 AM | #10
If i read the books right Darth Bane used a Revan holocron and made a thought bomb that pretty much finished the Empire and restarted the rule of two.