Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BUG: Guard becomes unusable

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lectotrans
02.03.2012 , 08:22 PM | #21
i have this issue with my powertech when i try to place guard on inquisitors of any AC after dying in pvp. also experienced it in normal mode flashpoints with sorcs.
Squadron 14-610Playing TOR since Beta
Now playing on Canderous Ordo!
Suung on PTS

Daex
02.03.2012 , 08:31 PM | #22
Juggernaut here, have this bug occurring extremely rare in pvp when attempting to guard Sorcerer. I'd say as rare as one in 30-ish warzones.

grrzoot
02.03.2012 , 08:46 PM | #23
I have this problem also on my powertech. It is reproducable every time and happens any time I or the guarded player die , in some cases it also happens when we re-zone and does not work until the other player has died again or re-logged (full log out not log out to character select).

The class i am usually guarding is a SI Healer.

Tohrazer
02.03.2012 , 09:07 PM | #24
can you make guard drop when the guarder is more than 50-60 meters away or something? its so frustrating i cant guard someone because a guy on the complete other side of the warzone guarded them 5 minutes ago - im sure all tanks know and are sick of that issue
Guild Leader | Aggressive Negotiations
Negotiations With a Lightsaber!
3 World first Kills, Ex SK Gaming/Curse, played wow, swg, aoc, war, ddo, lotro, and the rest

Missnlink
02.03.2012 , 09:10 PM | #25
Trooper: Vanguard

I can tell you that if I have someone guarded in PvP and I die and he doesn't, this bug occurs. It is fixed when he dies.
My better smells like french toast.

tWoJo
02.03.2012 , 09:14 PM | #26
my buddy is a sith jug and he was gaurding an operative in a hm fp and it just decided to bug. hope that crap gets fixed.

DarthRavnos
02.03.2012 , 09:19 PM | #27
*removed*
"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
~Bill Gates
"...itís important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away."
~Doug Warner

Lhaim
02.03.2012 , 09:55 PM | #28
Guarding my friend, a Sage, in warzones: "Target is already guarded!"

ohPEnix
02.03.2012 , 10:44 PM | #29
One issue with the failing Guard and or other kind of Shields seem to be somewhat related to the way portals to instances/zones, doors or elevators work.

An easy one to reproduce. Stand outside an instance, guard a friend or cast an inquisitor shield on that friend, let him enter the instance while the shield is runing already and the cast is on cooldown enter as well. To shield or to guard the player inside the instance again will fail most of the times. The only solution to get it back is to either reenter the instance/zone or log out and back in.

Kllashaa
02.03.2012 , 11:32 PM | #30
Problem with a Juggernaut guarding a Marauder.