Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to Change Project Animation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Petition to Change Project Animation

Preachir
01.26.2012 , 12:02 PM | #1
First off for anyone not aware of this issue, here is an Excellent read.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=29235
So /Sign if you want to see the project changes to a force jab idea.
I for one am a huge fan of this!

LyriaFrost
01.26.2012 , 01:08 PM | #2
I'm kind of an oddball apparently, compared to a lot of sages. I really LIKE the project/tk throw animations. Maybe it's just a holdover from CoH and the Propel power from Gravity Control. I love ripping up parts of the environment and hurling them at the enemy. I don't even mind the delay in damage, as it lets me generate more 'burst' damage, as the first tick of TK Throw hits at the same moment as the Project projectiles, making for a harder initial strike.

If it were situation-appropriate bits of environment (metal plating, a storm of rivets/metal bits, etc if you were in a ship or one of the metal-plated city-worlds, rocks and such out in the wild, etc), that would be VERY cool to me.

That said, making them just "force punches" wouldn't be bad either. Satele's attack on Malgus in the cinematic WAS pretty slick. I'd like to see the animation for Disturbance changed. It's wonky to me, and doesn't seem to really fit.

pipda
01.26.2012 , 01:59 PM | #3
I can't really comment on its damage mechanics, have heard there are issues with it.

However one benefit as being the target of many Sorcs/Sages is that a Sorc is MUCH easier to find when they start blasting you, they broadcast their position with their attacks and you know exactly who is attacking you in a group situation so you can either blow em up or LOS em.

Sages are real subtle and the animation is hard to follow. Making it much harder to pin point the location and react. Takes a while to pick them out the group.

Liaskar
01.26.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
I love the project and telekinetic throw animations. Would be very sad if they were changed.

Note, I am not considering the damage delay when compared to shock as part of the animation. But I don't PVP much anyways, so that's not even a big deal to me.

Sage
Scoundrel