Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmodes aren't Hard

rocdogg
01.26.2012 , 11:08 AM | #11
y u feed troll?

JonathanCP
01.26.2012 , 11:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Turst View Post

We did Boarding Party and Foundry Hardmodes and 1 shot every boss aside from HK-47 (he bugged out and started hitting people for 20k)
Enrage?

Ragico
01.26.2012 , 12:23 PM | #13
I believe he means to say that he did the bosses in one attempt....not literally one shot them

Raehj
01.26.2012 , 12:54 PM | #14
So, I've been 50 for a few weeks but can't stand Pugging so I waited for a decent number of people to reach max level and finish their stories and whatnot. Well, yesterday we ran some hardmodes and several times throughout each one I'd hear someone in vent say: "are you sure this is Hardmode? It seems kinda easy."

We did Boarding Party and Foundry Hardmodes and 1 shot every boss aside from HK-47 (he bugged out and started hitting people for 20k) and we wiped once on the Final boss in Boarding Party (lost a dps early and didn't beat enrage).

While I was offline, my guild was able to clear the new rakghoul one (*** is the name?) on Hardmode without any trouble either.

I guess the point to this is: If a group of basically fresh level 50s can clear it with minimal effort, how is it Hardmode?

Which brings me to my next question: Is there a Nightmare mode for Flashpoints?
I guess to answer your first point - its entirely subjective. I seriously doubt you guys just floated through them with no problems, especially if your all "fresh 50's".

I'd venture to guess your pretty much just trolling, considering if your guild is so "pro", you're not a "casual". You guys looked up strats, have done these dungeons before, or something. You offer nothing new other to say that the content is too easy for you. And like I said, I have serious doubts about fresh 50's facerolling Boarding party, esp. last boss(es).

No there is no NMM for flashpoints.

I have a question for you, if your guild is so pro, why are you even doing this? I'd just leap to 1shotting NMM EV, brah.

mrfoughtforever
01.26.2012 , 12:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
Bosses in the level 20 normal mods still have more health than you can do damage in a single hit. So no, they were accurate that you didn't 1 shot any bosses in the hard modes. Unless you glitched, then you still truly didn't one shot them you glitched them.
Stay in school.

KujinRen
01.26.2012 , 01:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
Bosses in the level 20 normal mods still have more health than you can do damage in a single hit. So no, they were accurate that you didn't 1 shot any bosses in the hard modes. Unless you glitched, then you still truly didn't one shot them you glitched them.
This is why we have our kids stay in school.

JMacneish
01.26.2012 , 01:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
One shot means killing them on the first attempt without wiping.
thats 1st attempt not one shotting

Nessirin
01.26.2012 , 01:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JonathanCP View Post
Enrage?
Nah, he probably had the lid bug. Sometimes you will pop him out instantly, and the lid won't come up for a long time, and give him the buff, even though he wasn't supposed to get it.

Turst
02.01.2012 , 12:56 PM | #19
It seems like some people got generally angry at my OP. The purpose wasn't to rub it in anyone's face that I was able to clear the Hardmodes without much trouble. I really just wanted to see if people agreed and maybe discuss some ways to make it more challenging.

As far as HK-47 is concerned: almost every time I have killed him, we have fallen prey to one of two bugs. 1. Lid comes down with him inside, but the click icons to raise it aren't there... our solution was to spam AOE attacks right up against it until he finally died. 2. Lid closes, but he is outside of it immune to damage.

Oh, and when I said "one-shot".. I meant "one attempt"... I thought that was pretty standard terminology when discussing boss kills.

wstaffor
02.01.2012 , 01:00 PM | #20
It seems like some people got generally angry at my OP. The purpose wasn't to rub it in anyone's face that I was able to clear the Hardmodes without much trouble. I really just wanted to see if people agreed and maybe discuss some ways to make it more challenging.

As far as HK-47 is concerned: almost every time I have killed him, we have fallen prey to one of two bugs. 1. Lid comes down with him inside, but the click icons to raise it aren't there... our solution was to spam AOE attacks right up against it until he finally died. 2. Lid closes, but he is outside of it immune to damage.

Oh, and when I said "one-shot".. I meant "one attempt"... I thought that was pretty standard terminology when discussing boss kills.
It is. Ignore the trolls.