Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Blasphemerr
01.27.2013 , 10:20 PM | #421
I'm semi ashamed to admit that I read 3-4 pages believing everyone is fraking nuts before I realized the necro.
Something pretentious.

AdmiralParmesan
01.28.2013 , 02:21 AM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
Kill/Remove order in group play, for me, looks something like this:

1. Operative (these do too much damage to be left alone, they are squishy enough to prioritize over healers)
2. Healing sorc (leaving this alone means everything takes 3-10 times longer to kill)
3. Sniper (...unless you like getting orbital bombardment dropped on you)
4. Healing Operative (ever get that thing where everything you attack drops to around 30% and stops taking damage?)
5. DPS Mercenary, DPS Sorc (Leaving this alone means you're eating tracer missiles and lightning, but hitting them turns off their damage)
6. Non-tank sin, marauder, DPS Jug (these do enough damage to require attention, hitting on them usually doesn't change their damage output till they are dead.)
7. Healing Mercenary (While I've seen these put down some good healing numbers focusing on them over squishier DPS is like beating on a tank, its cost-prohibitive to try to kill these first, CC and move on, unless there are 3 DPS assisting on it.)
8. Tank Sin, non-tank Powertech (non-squishy targets with good sustained DPS. These have CDs that cause you to fail CC and reduce damage, so pay attention with your DPS and CC cooldowns)
9. Tank Powertech, Tank Jug. (targets with low damage output that take forever to kill generally should be hit last, its almost always easier to DPS a tank juggernaut by hitting his guard-target)
This seems to be one of the only accurate posts
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

NotAnyOldName
01.28.2013 , 06:48 AM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
I'm semi ashamed to admit that I read 3-4 pages believing everyone is fraking nuts before I realized the necro.
Haha yeah I was reading in disbelief of all the posts everyone was making, as if they were playing a completely different pvp game to me.

fungihoujo
01.28.2013 , 08:35 AM | #424
Game's done a complete 360 since release- how's that going for ya BW? 2 million subs consistent until patch 1.2, now how many- oh you went free to play?

Good job, good job.

MelodicSixNine
01.28.2013 , 08:36 AM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
Operatives/Mercs the most feared classes, Marauders/Snipers least - haha. Yea it is a good read. How times change over patches and experience, huh?

Mookind
01.28.2013 , 08:37 AM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
Operatives/Mercs the most feared classes, Marauders/Snipers least - haha. Yea it is a good read. How times change over patches and experience, huh?
Patch 1.2 turned that list on its head

MelodicSixNine
01.28.2013 , 08:43 AM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
Patch 1.2 turned that list on its head
To be fair sent/marauders always were the ultimate pvp class. I saw a marauder soloing 4 bads by himself from 100% - 0% before 1.2. People just didn't know how to play them at the beginning. Just like arsenal mercenaries owned everyone - then people learnt how to interrupt, BW slammed the nerf hammer(after people learnt how to deal with them) and suddenly they are on the end of pvp chain.