Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Orangerascal
01.26.2012 , 08:11 AM | #21
The OP's Question is a little too vague. By pvp I'm assuming he means warfronts, and for each warfront I value the callings differently. For example:

In Huttball (favors classes with CC, anti-cc, high mobility and high survivability)
---------------------------------
Guardians
Vanguards
Sages
Shadows
Commandos
Gunslingers
Sentinels
Scoundrels

In Alderan (favors classes that have mobility are strong 1v1, 1v2 and small scale combat)
--------------------------------
Scoundrels
Shadows
Sentinels
Commandos
Vanguards
Guardians
Sages
Gunslingers

In voidstar (favors ranged AOE, survivability and group mitigation buffs)
--------------------------------
Gunslingers
Commandos
Vanguards
Sages
Sentinels
Scoundels
Shadows
Guardians

Pro-tip: The moment so stop thinking about individual class balance and think of your groups composition, you've taken your first step from being a 'mediocre' pvper to a 'good' pvper
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

copasetic
01.26.2012 , 08:15 AM | #22
I find it hilarious that you think Guardians/Juggernauts are the worse PvP class. But I'm not going to ruin our fun and explain how dominant the class can be and how I am consistently doing over 400k damage in every Warzone that isn't a complete stomp and ends too soon.

What's that? Did I hear something? It sounded like the distinct sound of a Tracer Missle/Grav Round being casted. Let's focus our attention back on them.

KorwinOfAmber
01.26.2012 , 08:16 AM | #23
I love how peopel generally put Gunslinger/Sniper at the bottom, since he doesnt have a shiny purple lightning animation and people usually dont realize its him that killed them while they were fighting someone else, attributing it to "insane crits" or whatever class they were fighting.

Snipers? Weak? Right...

Zaodon
01.26.2012 , 08:16 AM | #24
Best: every class (played by a good player)
Worst: every class (played by a bad player)

Lerdoc
01.26.2012 , 08:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
Best: every class (played by a good player)
Worst: every class (played by a bad player)
Say that after you try some PVP here.

Azzlum
01.26.2012 , 08:19 AM | #26
This list is so subjective... Everyone's perception of the order will be based on the skill level of the people they have played against on their server.

Jugg for instance(my main) is an extremely skll dependent class. A baddie with a full champ Jugg will suck a lot more than a baddie with a Sorc.

1 on 1 my Jugg(490 expertise) can take out almost any class/spec in the game as long as I'm playing my best, but if I make a couple mistakes I have zero chance to recover. The margin for error is very slim compared to some other classes.

I can guarantee I've made dozens of people rage about Juggs being OP(including some battlemaster sorcs, marauders, operatives, and mercs)... Yet Juggs are near the bottom of most people's feared lists.

Orangerascal
01.26.2012 , 08:19 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
we know which side you fall under
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

Zunzun
01.26.2012 , 08:21 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
I'm currently R64, and I fully agree with him. i don't paricularly fear any class, but there really are some players I fear. And it's not only a matter of gear.

sjmc
01.26.2012 , 08:23 AM | #29
As a scoundrel, I'm not a big fan of enemies with light sabers and/or heavy armor.

Solonius
01.26.2012 , 08:25 AM | #30
I agree with some of the other posters that I don't "fear" any classes, but I do look out for skilled players I see on the other team that I have encountered before.
Drayven the Unyielding - 50 Guardian - Ebon Hawk