Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ETA on ML in Normal Operations

Lightforce
01.26.2012 , 04:57 AM | #1
So title says it all....

Yesterday we had our first 16-man, i was quite happy, since now we would finally be able to use ML according to what forums told me. But sadly no....

So our raid consisted of 10 ppl who did EV8 and 6 new ppl. So in order to gear it would have been great that not 8 PIECES of loot got WASTED because ppl already got it or had better while others NEEDED them badly.

I am gonna be rly honest with you here, your system is good for PUGS and very WRONG for guildruns. FIX THE ML ASAP, you should have choice to do it your BUGGY WAY or do it the NORMAL WAY. there is no fun in waisting loot, we would like to progress but that thign is a progress fail with for guilds that only raid 2 times a week.

I v already asked this before, and many more have before me, we woudl like an ETA when you gonna FIX this problem and if its working as intented, you failed badly, and you need to fix it!!!!

So could i/we finally get an answer when you gonna fix it ????

NeXuss
01.26.2012 , 05:07 AM | #2
I'm going to disappoint you by saying it is working as intended and it's hard Mode and Nightmare where you can start to assign loot.

On the plus side you get 6 loot drops for 16 man instead of 2 for 8 man so doing those bigger groups will help you gearing up your freshly levelled players.

Residentz
01.26.2012 , 05:31 AM | #3
Go run hard modes if you are with guild group and please BW don't add master loot option to normal mode operations

Sorcerer - Frozen Dawn - Niman [EU]

Morwraith
01.26.2012 , 06:24 AM | #4
Something you could try is get the boss to like 5% then have the people who don't need gear hit exit area and the remaining member who do need loot finish him off. This should ensure that only they get loot possibly. Some people might cry "exploit" but I'll stick with clever use of game mechanics to supplement an incredible oversight on BW's part.

Lightforce
01.26.2012 , 07:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Residentz View Post
Go run hard modes if you are with guild group and please BW don't add master loot option to normal mode operations
Plz do explain to me why that would botter you ? Why on earth would it hurt YOU personally that i am trying to gear up MY raid efficiently for progress ?

And don t give me a BS answer, give me a full length of your pros and cons, cause as far as i am concerned there is NO CON in using Master Loot when going with guild!

And its prolly cause of ppl like you that we have this fail system!
But plz, try to convince me!

Lightforce
01.26.2012 , 10:50 AM | #6
Residenz,

i am still waiting for your reply.

ZombieClownz
01.26.2012 , 12:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Residentz View Post
If they do as the OP suggests and add the real ML with maybe a way to do a RNG (/roll), and still keep the option that is currently in the game, what is the big deal?

I agree with the OP, the way it is now would be great for PUGS, if it actually worked the way it's supposed, i.e. not giving all the loot to people who can't/won't use it cause they have better.

But for all guild runs, this is pretty much terrible.

Asperoth
01.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieClownz View Post
If they do as the OP suggests and add the real ML with maybe a way to do a RNG (/roll), and still keep the option that is currently in the game, what is the big deal?
This is what I've been saying for a few weeks now. The current loot system has value in Pugs and other groups where you may not trust the master looter. It should not be mandatory for everyone though.

The raid leader should be able to select the loot system at the beginning of the run. That way, someone running in a pug could could make an informed choice as to whether he wants to stay with the group upon seeing the loot choice made by the leader but set groups running with those they trust would have the option to have a master loot system and decide who gets what piece.

vandermire
01.26.2012 , 12:28 PM | #9
So, you guys are having trouble with guildies taking loot they don't need/cant use? Seems simple enough get better guildies
Sith Warrior - Light Side
Guild- Turmoil
Dreshdae Cantina

Asperoth
01.26.2012 , 12:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by vandermire View Post
So, you guys are having trouble with guildies taking loot they don't need/cant use? Seems simple enough get better guildies
It probably wouldn't hurt to have a vague idea of what is being discussed before posting on the topic.