Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Loot

Vylker
01.26.2012 , 01:49 AM | #1
Hi,

Yesterday I went to Eternity Vault with my guildies, we are proceeded till the last boss and all the loot was shared in a weird way. Each time we looted a chest I could need or greed a crafting material or a schematic only, the epic items were shared by the game to every person it thinks appropriate to give the epic, as an example we were 2 sages in the operation, I looted one time a pair of gloves instantly from the chest and he do the same with a pair of boots. I could not need or greed those boots. Anyone knows why?

isavetheday
01.26.2012 , 01:51 AM | #2
On Normal mode of both Eternity Vault and Karraga's Palace, all non crafting materials are automatically assigned immediately on boss death to a random person that can equip the item. There are no regulations in place, so one assassin could win 4 items while the other assassin gets nothing. Even a dps powertech could get tank gear while the tank powertech gets dps gear.
Infallible Evil
Dark Reaper - PST - PvE Focused - Cookies - Look Here!

Vylker
01.26.2012 , 01:55 AM | #3
Well, is this a bug or it ment to be like this?

isavetheday
01.26.2012 , 01:55 AM | #4
As it has been this way from day 1 with Bioware not saying its a bug, it is 100% intended currently.
Infallible Evil
Dark Reaper - PST - PvE Focused - Cookies - Look Here!

eightohfive
01.26.2012 , 02:32 AM | #5
It's their original "loot bags" idea except you just skip the bags and get your items right off the boss. Originally, most people would get just crystals and commendations, while a certain smaller number would recieve a piece of loot in their bag. Same thing, except you just loot the items directly.

It can seem annoying when someone is given a duplicate item, but a lot of the time you can strip it of the mods and put the columi mods in your crappier orange gear/inferior purps (example, my Tionese boots came with 51 purp mods, now they have 56, still slightly weaker since I can't use the armor mod tho).

Also Columi drops from hard modes FPs that you can do every day. With a little bit of FP farming and some normal EV/KP for a couple of weeks you will more than likely have full columi or moddable gear that is nearly equivalent.
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now