Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quick Question about Padme and Anakin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Quick Question about Padme and Anakin.

Prehistoric
01.26.2012 , 12:28 AM | #1
Okey so, in the movie Phantom Menace Anakin seems like a 11-12 years old whereas Padme is obviously somewhere around 20.Then in Clone Wars they both look around 20s where Anakin is about 10 years older and Padme is the same.According to wookiepedia Anakin is like 5 years older than Padme.Is it that Anakin really younger in Phantom Menace or Padme seems older.Someone can explain me why Anakin seems so young despite being older than Padme ?

Wolfninjajedi
01.26.2012 , 12:36 AM | #2
They are not that far apart in age, and Padme in TPM was 14 I believe and Anakin was..either 9 or 10. I don't really see a big deal with this at all, people can fall in love at different age ranges why does everyone think its impossible?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

bliapis
01.26.2012 , 12:36 AM | #3
Assumingly in the late story, Luke was in his 20s and Padme at 25. She wouldnt of change much.

In reallity, ppl dont change much from 20-30.

But they do from puberty to full masculinity.
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

Quiet
01.26.2012 , 02:03 AM | #4
Episode 1
Padme = 14 years old
Anakin = 9 years old

Episode 2
Padme = 24 years old
Anakin = 19 years old

Episode 3
Padme = 27 years old
Anakin = 22 years old

Episode 4
Anakin = 41 years old

Episode 5
Anakin = 44 years old

Episode 6
Anakin = 45 years old
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Tsukae
01.26.2012 , 02:51 AM | #5
The people of Naboo are weird choosing a 14 year old to rule them.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia

Daederik
01.26.2012 , 05:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsukae View Post
She was a Queen no? (in favour of...democracy) I don't know if Naboo had much of a choice in the matter.

Then again the Star Wars universe is a weird place. Could have been worse, she could have been a slug ruling them
"You move like an insect, you think like an insect, you are and insect. Take care not to fall too far out of my favor, patience is not characteristic of a goddess..." -Shodan

Quiet
01.26.2012 , 07:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Daederik View Post
She was a Queen no? (in favour of...democracy) I don't know if Naboo had much of a choice in the matter.

Then again the Star Wars universe is a weird place. Could have been worse, she could have been a slug ruling them
She was a Queen.
But, apparently the title Queen is for their elected ruler, which is always female and between 14-19 years old.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

LordQordisz
01.26.2012 , 07:21 AM | #8
Yea she got elected young so she was probably no older than 5 years than Anakin. I do not even think she was the youngest to ever be elected to her office.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Zeratho
01.26.2012 , 10:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsukae View Post
People in real life in history have also chosen young kids as kings/leaders so I don't see what's the big deal.

EngineerDavid
01.26.2012 , 10:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
She was a Queen.
But, apparently the title Queen is for their elected ruler, which is always female and between 14-19 years old.
I heard that before too, but in the novel Plageuis they talk about the kings before her, all male and adult.

She was chosen because the people wanted to have an innocent Queen, the King she defeated in election was corrupt.