Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

reinstall OS/SWTOR

Renzetsu
01.25.2012 , 11:26 PM | #1
i need to reinstall my OS for work reason. but i don't wanna go to all the trouble of reinstalling swtor as well. so my question is, can i just copy my swtor directory later? or do i have to start from scratch?

if you're gonna say use the search function then I don't need your tip.

Renzetsu
01.25.2012 , 11:57 PM | #2
tnks for transferring this here! migh as well have deleted it! geez

JScranton
01.26.2012 , 12:40 AM | #3
I copied the files from one PC to the other, AFTER doing an install. Not sure if that mattered, but did that just in case it does need some setup. The reason I copied it, I didn't want to sit thru all the download/patching process, and this cut that out at least.

Conlann
01.26.2012 , 02:40 PM | #4
Definitely make a copy of your game folder. Not only to avoid sitting through the patching process but to ensure you CAN patch. there are plenty of known patcher errors that may keep you from being able to patch at all. I ran into the same requirement you did - my OS needed to be wiped and re-installed and the game too but while it installed and patched fine the first time it did not the second time. luckily i had a copy of the patched game on my laptop too that I could copy it too but I was without game or client support to fix the issue for 5 days. Just get a USB drive and copy it all over. Easy peezy.