Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel companion

Neeq
01.25.2012 , 10:46 PM | #1
What companion are you guys using for low levels? I've just gotten kira and i wished to romance her. But the problem is that i found leveling with T7 is pretty easier. Any idea on how can i work on romancing kira and used T7 to level at the same time?

AeetesSixFive
01.25.2012 , 10:51 PM | #2
Some crew skills allow you to get companion gifts and you can raise her affection that way as well. I used Kira into mid 40s kept her gear up to snuff and didn't have much of a problem. But if you do not want to use her I would suggest the companion gifts.
Aeetes 50 Sentinel Sith Meditation Sphere
Blueprint

Neeq
01.25.2012 , 10:55 PM | #3
So is leveling with kira pretty good? As in downtime and survivability compared to other companions.

AeetesSixFive
01.25.2012 , 11:00 PM | #4
Well once you get your healer it becomes easier, I however was to stubborn to use him at first lol, but I felt like stuff died faster and it didn't take long to heal if I had. Really didn't have any problems with quests and lvled pretty fast.
Aeetes 50 Sentinel Sith Meditation Sphere
Blueprint

Casualdeath
01.25.2012 , 11:03 PM | #5
I am currently level 25 and have been using Kira ever since I first unlocked her. I have not had any problems while using her, and things die so quickly I almost feel OP at times

Neeq
01.25.2012 , 11:05 PM | #6
Alright thanks for the replies! Will try them out

IronFirewind
01.25.2012 , 11:39 PM | #7
Why don't you just use T7 for combat and switch to Kira for conversations?
Lilisetté - Assassin | The Progenitor EU (RP)

Neeq
01.27.2012 , 01:32 AM | #8
yea i figured that after playing around for abit. Works pretty well. Thanks though!

SteveGarbage
01.27.2012 , 07:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Neeq View Post
So is leveling with kira pretty good? As in downtime and survivability compared to other companions.
Other companions fit your needed role better than Kira. You're DPS and so is she. So you get more "group utility" out of T7 (tank) or Doc (healer). Stuff will die faster with Kira as she does pretty good damage if you keep her geared up, but you may have a tougher time with some encounters.

That said, I've used and continue to use her since I got her, even though I now have Doc who is the bomb-diggity of healers. I want her for the story and I haven't run into any major issues with leveling with her, mainly because I'm over-leveled for the content, which really, really helps.

But when I run into some tough spots I just swap in Doc and everything's great.

MattieP
01.27.2012 , 10:43 AM | #10
I used Kira until I got Doc. Once I got Doc, I went straight to 50 the easiest.
Digital Deluxe Edition VIP