Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light/Dark side perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Light/Dark side perks

TagoDR
12.15.2011 , 04:44 AM | #11
Is it possible to have Light and Dark side points at the same time? I mean unlock everything and use anything as some said the sides are mirrored. So for e.g. play as Light side and use diplomatic crew skill to get Dark points and be able to use dark side gear for the looks. Is it possible?

Svii
12.15.2011 , 05:20 AM | #12
You gain Light and Dark side points. You'll see that in the character screen, Light minus Dark points = alignment

More Dark side points than Light, then you're Dark

Svii - Sniper
Impetus Norvegicus
Bloodworthy => ToFN

Tfranco
12.15.2011 , 08:36 AM | #13
I dislike how the system works to an extent, because im trying to gain affection points with vette, but if i choose anything with the word "Kill" in it she gets all pissy. I want to be darkside but i end up with as many lightside as darkside points >.> well at least my purdy little sidekick is happy with me lol.

JLapp
12.15.2011 , 08:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
Is it possible to turn off the dark side character looks?
At least for me it is bugged right now and will keep turning itself back on.

Or maybe the dark side is more powerful than I expected.

Deathmvp
12.15.2011 , 09:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tfranco View Post
I dislike how the system works to an extent, because im trying to gain affection points with vette, but if i choose anything with the word "Kill" in it she gets all pissy. I want to be darkside but i end up with as many lightside as darkside points >.> well at least my purdy little sidekick is happy with me lol.
Diplomicy missions can get you light or dark side with out affecting what your team wants. Also if you know that you are going to do something to tick them off before you do send them on a mission.

MogarDJ
12.15.2011 , 09:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tfranco View Post
just like most people you try to win over, buy them enough gifts, they will follow you.

Sykomyke
12.15.2011 , 09:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathmvp View Post
Diplomicy missions can get you light or dark side with out affecting what your team wants. Also if you know that you are going to do something to tick them off before you do send them on a mission.
They still gain affection points(-/+) depending on your interactions. The companion you choose to go "outside" the ship with you will still gain affection from your interactions. For example: If you go into a flashpoint with a full group of players, your chosen "companion" outside the ship (for most players below 15 this defaults to your first companion) will still gain affection points at the end of the scenario as if she/he were there.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Tallyhoe
12.15.2011 , 10:14 AM | #18
I am an Imperial Agent for the Empire. I will do what ever is required of me to get the job done. Even if that means forfeiting some of my own personal moral values to the side.

But if the Empire requires me to go to Hoth.. They better pack me with a tantan sleeping bag.
‘Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her.”

seekerofpower
12.15.2011 , 04:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tallyhoe View Post
I am an Imperial Agent for the Empire. I will do what ever is required of me to get the job done. Even if that means forfeiting some of my own personal moral values to the side.

But if the Empire requires me to go to Hoth.. They better pack me with a tantan sleeping bag.
You mean, like this:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/?srp=1
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

OrsoTheExiled
12.16.2011 , 04:32 AM | #20
From what I've seen dark/light side only affects the title you get at light/dark rank 4 and dark side appearance changes. You can use red crystals in upgradable gear I'm pretty sure, just not the pre-built stuff, so make friend with someone who does artifice.