Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Story Crossovers

LukeDanger
01.27.2012 , 10:07 PM | #11
I'm personally waiting for 'multi-class' stories; IE, a Trooper/Jedi Knight story together. Sort of like a flashpoint, but class oriented. For example, the Jedi Knight teaming up with Havoc Squad to do some near-Clone Wars esque defending of the Republic, or the Smuggler/Consular seeking ancient knowledge in some archeological site discovered by the Smug's underworld contacts. Stuff like that to give a sense that there's intertwining stories besides the (soloable) world arcs.

MWidowmaker
01.27.2012 , 11:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeDanger View Post
I'm personally waiting for 'multi-class' stories; IE, a Trooper/Jedi Knight story together. Sort of like a flashpoint, but class oriented. For example, the Jedi Knight teaming up with Havoc Squad to do some near-Clone Wars esque defending of the Republic, or the Smuggler/Consular seeking ancient knowledge in some archeological site discovered by the Smug's underworld contacts. Stuff like that to give a sense that there's intertwining stories besides the (soloable) world arcs.
i would LOVE something like this, especially given that i have friends who i level and quest with
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

Mephet
01.28.2012 , 08:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
i would LOVE something like this, especially given that i have friends who i level and quest with
As would I. However, it could be difficult. Class Qs are meant to be doable solo. That's kinda their point. if you have to LF a partner, only to end up with some ... who either goes "ZOMGSKIPTEXT PLZ!", or who ends up winning every interesting conversation roll... Hmm.

Perhaps they should be sub-class quest. Like a bonus thing. Seperate storylines / vaguely connected to the main story, so as to still leave the choice up to each person.

And of course...

Spoilers: Jedi Knight and SIth Warrior Qline:

Spoiler

Ranadiel_Marius
01.28.2012 , 08:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Logisitcs View Post
Wow, Bioware kudos to you for all of that. But then... what are the timelines, which class story happens first chronologically?
They are happening roughly at the same time. The exact time line for all of them put together would be a very large mess.

bfishback
01.28.2012 , 11:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephet View Post
Spoilers: Jedi Knight and SIth Warrior Qline:

Spoiler
This. It would be amazing.

kraidy
01.29.2012 , 01:36 AM | #16
The only timeline we have is for the SW, Knight, Inquis and Cous.

We know the ending of the Cous takes place before the ending of the Jedi Knight and the Jedi Knights ending takes place shortly after the SW ending and the Inquis ending takes place a bit after the SW ending. We don't know the order of the agent, smuggler and BH but they roughly happen around the same time. Can't wait to see what bioware does in the future.

Diora
01.29.2012 , 01:53 AM | #17
well, the smuggler ending is after the consular and BH endings. the consular ending is after the BH ending, as well (and depending on the bounty hunter's choice, could be directly related).

The above is based on who the republic supreme chancellor is.

IA has so many different possible endings, that i think they left that one intentionally murky by leaving out interactions with any of the major galactic players that the other stories may see.

kraidy
01.29.2012 , 02:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Diora View Post
well, the smuggler ending is after the consular and BH endings. the consular ending is after the BH ending, as well (and depending on the bounty hunter's choice, could be directly related).

The above is based on who the republic supreme chancellor is.

IA has so many different possible endings, that i think they left that one intentionally murky by leaving out interactions with any of the major galactic players that the other stories may see.
Thank you, so that just leaves the IA and their events in the wind. So far it goes

BH
Cous
Smuggler
SW
Jedi Knight
Inquis

So trooper and IA go somewhere there.

Gelious
01.29.2012 , 05:14 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kraidy View Post
Jedi Knights ending takes place shortly after the SW ending .
I am pretty sure it is the other way around, since SW gets letters from Emperor's Hand.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Nellios - Operative; Brellios - Powertech; Xatra - Commando; Xatraz - Jedi Sage; Xadraz - Gunslinger.

KingAres
01.29.2012 , 07:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
I am pretty sure it is the other way around, since SW gets letters from Emperor's Hand.
Sure. But he gets the letter after his story is complete. You see the Emperor is initially trapped on Voss but the SW frees him part way through Act 3. The JK, however, encounters the freed Emperor at the end of Act 2.

Therefore the SW story happens first. BTW what is the SI story last in the timeline?
CE VIP