Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Keeps Crashing Windows 7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Keeps Crashing Windows 7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

deselence
01.25.2012 , 09:07 PM | #1
I have tried everything suggested by your posts and other peoples advice but your game keeps crashing my windows 7 and forcing me to restart my PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My specs are an HP computer running a quad core AMD 2.8 with a Nvidea 440 GeForce graphics card.1 terabyte hard drive 10 gigs of ram running from a 10/100 ethernet modem.The crashes are random and happen any place and at any time. I have read others reports and this is very common!!!!!! I paid a lot of money for the deluxe edition and I demand some answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabdizzle
01.25.2012 , 09:09 PM | #2
What type of "crash"? Are you getting BSODs? If so what does windows report is causing the BSOD?

deselence
01.25.2012 , 09:16 PM | #3
The computer just shuts down.....I have to restart and then it says windows 7 has stopped working.Do a diagnostic and windows can find no reason for the stoppage..It only happens iduring gameplay all other games play fine and the computer does fine. Play SWTOR and bam crash time.......

sabdizzle
01.25.2012 , 09:23 PM | #4
If you're computer is just turning off. It could easily be a power or overheating issue. And the computer is shutting off to protect itself.

Make sure you check your gpu/cpu temps to ensure they are within a safe range of values first and foremost. There is software that will report it for you. AMD/ATI cards always report there temps with catalyst control center, and i believe NVIDIAs drivers have a similar feature. If you don't have a cpu monitoring software, you can try the old triesd and true method of "google". You can check your heatsync manually and if it is beyond hot to the touch (warning on this one, an overheated heatsync will burn your hand if you touch it directly), you maybe have heating issues. Could be dust, bad fan, not enough power, etc.

That would be the first thing i'd check if my computer was consistently powering off when using a program thats quite gpu/cpu load heavy.

Cerimon
01.25.2012 , 10:24 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings deselence,

Please see the following post on this issue and post your findings there: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=163045

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

deselence
01.26.2012 , 12:09 AM | #6
Nope I have absolutely no overheating whatsoever in my CPU or graphics card. My power supply is fine as well.But since SWTOR started patching the game crashes my PC and windows 7. And apparently by ALL these threads its happening to THOUSANDS of other people as well. In fact my buddy in Texas just got the new liquid cooled Alien ware running dual core I-7s and this game is crashing his as well........

deselence
01.26.2012 , 12:21 AM | #7
I did the event viewer thar EA asked me to do. I got what is called a system 41 kernel. The explanation was the system shut down without properly powering off... No explanation given.............

marlboromargo
01.27.2012 , 10:30 PM | #8
I have the same problem. and my pc is pretty much the same except for my video card i have NvidiaGTX460. My GF has a stock $400 e machines from walmart and she's allright! i mean ***?

glyphmon
01.27.2012 , 11:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by deselence View Post
I did the event viewer thar EA asked me to do. I got what is called a system 41 kernel. The explanation was the system shut down without properly powering off... No explanation given.............
In the Event Viewer, within a couple minutes of what you referenced above, look for and error with a source of "bugcheck". If you see one of these, it's a blue screen and the error code will be in the data for that event. If you don't see any bugchecks, then it's going to be more interesting to troubleshoot.
Glyphmon
---
Intel Core i5-2500k OC 4.5GHz | Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3 | Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
2x WD Caviar Black 500GB RAID1 | PNY GeForce 560 GTX 1GB | MS Windows 7 Pro x64

Igcognito
01.27.2012 , 11:51 PM | #10
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8003464210
BCP2: FFFFF88003E978C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012712-17565-01.dmp
C:\Users\Sucatash\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33041-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Igcognito