Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

S.W.T.O.R movie.

MajinEddie
01.25.2012 , 08:00 PM | #1
When are we going to get one. I never even liked starwars till i gave KOTOR a chance and now i love anything TOR related. Anyone know if they are makeing a movie or cartoon of this timeline? TY.

LX_Theo
01.25.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2
Not planned for the forseeable future. I wouldn't count on it happening until Lucas is out of the picture in making decisions.

ptoss
02.01.2012 , 11:33 PM | #3
It's possible but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I'd say at least not until after the Clone Wars cartoon is finished, and maybe a couple of years after that.

I wouldn't want a live action movie though, just cgi please. Technology has advanced enough so we can have more artistic freedom. I know muppets and hand puppets are cool, but ToR is really a thing for us gaming nerds.

eriknimblehands
02.02.2012 , 02:08 AM | #4
Yeah, Lucas said that since so many people whined about the prequels he's not going to do any more Star Wars movies.

DarkestDaemon
02.02.2012 , 02:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ptoss View Post
It's possible but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I'd say at least not until after the Clone Wars cartoon is finished, and maybe a couple of years after that.

I wouldn't want a live action movie though, just cgi please. Technology has advanced enough so we can have more artistic freedom. I know muppets and hand puppets are cool, but ToR is really a thing for us gaming nerds.
... Why can't it be live action?

... I... I'm sure that they used CGI with live action in episodes 1-3...
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

RonFon
02.02.2012 , 02:34 AM | #6
While we're at it, I want a Mass Effect movie. lol
But seriously, I don't see this happening, and why should it? You won't get more out of a movie than you will the two KOTOR games and this MMO. I would definitely go see one if it came out. Then again, I watch a lot of movies.

But I really don't see anymore Star Wars movies being made anytime soon.

Xerihae
02.02.2012 , 03:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RonFon View Post
While we're at it, I want a Mass Effect movie.
Your wish has been granted!

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Films

Well ok, only one of them... It's a lot easier for them to get a ME film done since they created the IP themselves than it would be to go through all the legal wrangling with LucasArts, but never say never.