Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Freighter Fly-By supposed to be insanely slow?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Freighter Fly-By supposed to be insanely slow?

Tharenisis
01.25.2012 , 11:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
Because everyone uses an otherwise useless spec to get incendiary grenade?

Tbh I have found it ok in 1v1 against melee. If I mez them, drop XS Freighter underneith me, sab charge, then load up an aim shot, its big burst. It puts them in a spot where they have to try to kill me and stand in my aoe or run away but risk me killing them from a distance.
Do you start every post being a nerf herder to everyone whom is offering people advice? He didn't just say Incendiary grenade, he also said Thermal, which from my understanding every spec has.

All of his post was a pretty sound answer imho.
#SLUGLIFE
Proud Founder
You will bow before your great Hutt Overlord!
and click my referral link here!

OniGanon
01.26.2012 , 01:20 AM | #12
Just think of it as an area denial ability. If it actually hits anyone, that's just a bonus.

Frostrazor
01.26.2012 , 01:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Drunkasaurus View Post
Freighter flyby is amazing in Voidstar and Alderaan Civil War.
I use it all the time there. It's epic good, but I agree the damage should happen when it's done casting.
The Republic wants YOU!

Join MASC today!

StealthNerf
01.26.2012 , 08:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
Because everyone uses an otherwise useless spec to get incendiary grenade?
Learn2throw thermal grenade.

But I think the long activation time is the price we pay for it being so damaging. It'll critical hit for 1500+, and I often see that happen on two enemies.

If people really want to use it on objectives what I find semi-decent is to first put down a thermal, then follow up with a flyby. The problem with that is you're not really guaranteed to hit anything. I prefer to save it for a big melee brawl.

Valsdad
01.26.2012 , 08:41 AM | #15
It takes a while to get set up, but it hits for a ton. You can literally wipe a whole group of Zerg if they are cc'ed in it.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

DimeStax
01.26.2012 , 08:43 AM | #16
I don't really care about this spell taking so long, it's my instant abilities like Vital Shot and Quick Draw taking so long to shoot that bother me. I can't tell you how many times I try to quick Dot with Vital Shot or finish someone off with Quick Draw and I have to wait almost an entire second after I press the button for my char to pull up his guns and fire the shot. It's extremely annoying.

Auricelia
01.26.2012 , 10:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DimeStax View Post
I don't really care about this spell taking so long, it's my instant abilities like Vital Shot and Quick Draw taking so long to shoot that bother me. I can't tell you how many times I try to quick Dot with Vital Shot or finish someone off with Quick Draw and I have to wait almost an entire second after I press the button for my char to pull up his guns and fire the shot. It's extremely annoying.
It's called the GCD (Global Cooldown). After you use any ability, there's a 1.5 second delay before another ability can be used. The only reason it isn't noticed with channels and casting time abilities is the GCD starts when the ability is started, so by the time the cast or channel is over the 1.5 seconds have already passed, making it only truly noticeable after the use of an instant ability.

TheCheatz
01.26.2012 , 02:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Auricelia View Post
It's called the GCD (Global Cooldown). After you use any ability, there's a 1.5 second delay before another ability can be used. The only reason it isn't noticed with channels and casting time abilities is the GCD starts when the ability is started, so by the time the cast or channel is over the 1.5 seconds have already passed, making it only truly noticeable after the use of an instant ability.
This has nothing to do with what he's talking about. The application of Vital Shot and the damage of Quick Draw (in some situations, anyways) is not always done right away after being cast. Instant abilities should be instant and not tied to animations.

zacharySW
01.26.2012 , 04:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by antiviolence View Post
they might have to tone down the damage by quite a number if they're going to make it instant cast.
The most irritating thing about using it in PVP? when everyone sees the republic logo on the floor and start running from it
Forcing people to move out of the impact area can be just as useful as the damage.

Aetou
01.26.2012 , 05:24 PM | #20
While I'd love it to start dropping damage as soon as the 3s was up that would probably be a little too good. As it is I wear two bits of Champion Combat Tech armour which means my Flyby does an extra 30% damage which makes it crazy good in PVE. I can drop it on a group of Mobs and watch them all just... die. Dropping it onto your Tank's head is awesome fun, although the fact that then everyone complains that they can't see anything may be a downside to that tactic....