Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best dps classes?

SIRjosephperez
12.14.2011 , 09:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormag View Post
be inquisitor like everybody
HAHA yah evey pvp video ive seen is of an inquisitor LOL!!!

Cleagane
12.14.2011 , 09:29 PM | #12
I played a sniper during beta and i had a lot of fun with it.

Samjatin
12.14.2011 , 09:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleagane View Post
I played a sniper during beta and i had a lot of fun with it.
How dare you to tell him whats fun?
He wants DPS. Big numbers flashing on the screen!!!

Badlander
12.14.2011 , 09:32 PM | #14
It all depends on many things.
All damage is pretty even at 50 on dps classes it is the other stuff that makes the diff.

So you need to decide for your play style.

Inq-Sorc has great CC. Also has good healing.

BH- Merc has great bursts damage but less CC.

Agent- Op has good dps, good cc and healing.

There are other classes that are very good just gave a few.

So for me to say what would be the best DPS class for you would be hard.

If i was picking for myself i would say BH-Merc but that is my play style. , i also like Agent-sniper.
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

marshalleck
12.14.2011 , 09:35 PM | #15
Inquisitards everywhere!

Neofate
12.14.2011 , 09:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by badjezus View Post
chill out, he is asking for a suggestion. don't need to bring any more negativity to the forum page.

Thank you for being mature here.

At any rate -- All classes are powerful.. they really designed the classes completely different than any other major MMO. In that every class is viable.

Play what you think looks cool and enjoy. Don't worry about being the 'best'. They already mentioned they have no intention of diversifying classes by having DPS classes etc. IE: They've stated there won't be anymore than a 5% difference in DPS even if you are a Marauder or Sentinel (a class that has NO OTHER role but DPS) -- while other classes all have options to heal/tank.. tank/dps.. and so on. The pure DPS class really isn't doing any great margin more of dps.

That said, I will likely end up rolling a Sentinel just because I love the dual wielding awesomeness.

For me, it is starwars.. and for some reason I HAVE to play a class that uses a lightsaber.

The only other class I've considered is a Jedi Counselor (Shadow AC).

Asking other people at this stage of the game.. people really DON'T know. It isn't an aged and mature MMO, it hasn't even launched. So for now just pick what you feel.. and go with it. Everything will change to some degree down the line.

They say they won't do this and that -- but they always do eventually due to the NEED for change.

Right now, the best way to pick.. honestly.. is what YOU think looks cool. I know that sounds lame,.. but considering all classes are very powerful -- you aren't going to roll a class and then be disappointing because they are 'weak' or underpowered.

Of course if you WANT to heal.. roll a class that heals.. ie: Sage, etc..

If you WANT to tank.. roll A jedi Guardian, or the Sith Warrior. You ge the idea.

The classes are quite limited in this game. The group size is 4 maximum. It is very atypical. Which can be a good thing.
King of TL;DR Posts!▓▒░─

Neofate
12.14.2011 , 09:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
Inquisitards everywhere!
Heh, this logic makes me laugh.

The reason there are so many inquisitors is because they are without a doubt the most powerful class in the game. There is always a class that is like this in every MMO.

For the people who don't like this, well, be one. Then you won't feel emasculated.
King of TL;DR Posts!▓▒░─

EmmanuelFR
12.14.2011 , 09:48 PM | #18
Most classes can be effective as a DPS class. If you ve participated during any beta phase you ve seen that there are 3 advanced trees per advanced job. For exemple, once lvl 10, an inquisitor could put points into the tank tree, the 1st DPS tree or the 2nd DPS tree. So most classes have the capability to be a DPS class but in different ways. So just stick to the style that please you the most.

Alkiii
12.14.2011 , 09:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Neofate View Post
Heh, this logic makes me laugh.

The reason there are so many inquisitors is because they are without a doubt the most powerful class in the game. There is always a class that is like this in every MMO.

For the people who don't like this, well, be one. Then you won't feel emasculated.
The most powerful? And you know this how exactly?

The most powerful class is the one played by the highest skilled player in the group.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”