Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most feared class in 1v1 pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Most feared class in 1v1 pvp?

Tarkastio
01.25.2012 , 06:16 PM | #11
Venguard Trooper (Shieldtech Specced.)

I fear any melee class. And I kill most Sorcs and Snipers easily.
Lister - Human Smuggler Scoundrel
Tarkastio - Republic Zabrak Trooper Vanguard
Tarkirst - Human Consular Shadow
Derelicta'ignis - Imperial Zabrak Knight Sentinel

Cyphen
01.25.2012 , 06:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Azesino View Post
Ok maybe i didnt explain myself, assuming similar skill/gear
For example in WoW if u were a lock it was a given rogues would kill you easy (again assuming similar skill/gear)
From what I seen at the forums BH/Comandos say melees own them hardcore
Rather Ret vs Rogue 4.0.1 ^^

Anyway, personally as Sorc Heals not worried about anything, maybe Assasins, Powertechs but meh nothing really for me...
Your Blood shall become the Mantle to my Victory!

Seraffim
01.25.2012 , 06:17 PM | #13
Guard here, my fear is only 1 class, a sorc , his shields keep him alive longer than a guarded tank Burnig his CD's all over the place.

Tirithius
01.25.2012 , 06:20 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryzen View Post
Know you skills/rotations and you shouldn't fear a thing. Also nothing an epic adrenal + epic relic cant solve.
Also fear is the mind-killer.
"Faith in what?" he asked himself, adrift in limbo.
"Faith in faith," he replied. "It isn't necessary to have something to believe in. It's only necessary to believe that somewhere there's something worthy of belief."

Urothefox
01.25.2012 , 06:22 PM | #15
The only thing I really fear is myself. My stupidity and sometimes newbishness has caused me to die countless times.

clicked unlock on my hotbar and picked up an ability in the heat of combat? check
over tab targeted? check
trouble selecting friendlies for a heal? check
accidentally hit my medpac and thus knocking me out of stealth without a means to easily heal myself? check and double check

Sometimes it seems my companions should have a Sad Trombone emote...

Kakokun
01.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #16
Snipers with a territorial advantage. They really excel then.

That and geared shadow/assassin specced into tanking. But that's mainly a gear thing.

Nomiematiko
01.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #17
Since there is no dual specc (yet), my vanguard shield specc with Supercommando gear (absorb/def) as a hard time killing sorc's and healers, but with the same specc if i just put my eliminators set, then i solo healers so fast it isnt funny, since vanguard can interrupt for ever.

Parathax
01.25.2012 , 06:27 PM | #18
As a sentinel, I don't really fear anyone. I can match up with anyone 1v1.

I prefer going up against Tracer Missile spammers.

Besides having to be more mindful of positioning for knockback classes in Huttball, I don't really have issues with any opposing classes. And everyone has to be mindful of the knockbacks there.

Someone who's good with snares/stuns, like was said above, is probably the most challenging. But let's face it, not that many people are that good with snares/stuns. At least, not as good as I am at mitigating and pursuing them, I guess.

On my trooper, who's only level 29 and I haven't played him nearly as much, there are a few classes that I dislike going up against. But I imagine that's more my lack of skill in playing trooper so far than anything.

On my sage, I don't fear anyone. She's the lowest level, but probably all in all the most survivable. But she's mostly healing spec'd, and so with her I tend to run from fights.

skadu
01.25.2012 , 06:27 PM | #19
As a sorc I try to avoid marauders, the rest is pretty manageable.

Gaidax
01.25.2012 , 06:35 PM | #20
As a solo Sniper: All tank specced tanks are a huge pain in the ***, but I'd say PvP tank Assassins are the worst, because in the very unlikely case that I am actually winning, they can just pop their vanish and end it with draw.

On the flipside, Marauders are a joke, did not meet any remotely dangerous ones yet. CC is owning them.
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"