Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thrash/Shock PvP Theorycraft Build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Thrash/Shock PvP Theorycraft Build

Khaazilla
01.25.2012 , 07:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Padgemoe View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...RrMzZf0cRr0z.1

has better force regen, lightning reflexes gives deflection a nice force boost as well, when you are being attacked.
dark charges dmg proc is not that great to add 9% to.
its a good build, my fav of the hybrids.
I think you linked the OP's spec.

But i'm guessing this is your spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...cZhRrMzZf0cM.1

It's not worth losing the thrash crit dmg, death field, and raze, all just to get 30% more force regen.

The Thrash crit dmg specifically is just silly good and super underrated considering it's the skill we use the most. Raze is a little overrated imo but it's still pretty nice, and Death Field is awesome.

Khaazilla
01.25.2012 , 07:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kougi View Post
There are only so many points to put into the tree....yes I deliberately "stole" this build from you. While the same basic idea is there, the filler points you chose I believe are going more for survivability.

The reason I didn't put the last point into Darkswell and max out Obfuscation is because you won't be spending the majority of your time in stealth. Since the stealth opener for Assassins is a little weak right now, it's best to just pop stealth for the Dark Embrace regen and then start spamming Thrash to build up for Shocks.
The +movespeed% works out of stealth. +15% movespeed is a must have.

I'm not going for survivability. I'm just putting points into the best talents available, and electric execution does nothing for dark charge.

Padgemoe
01.25.2012 , 07:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaazilla View Post
I think you linked the OP's spec.

But i'm guessing this is your spec: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...cZhRrMzZf0cM.1

It's not worth losing the thrash crit dmg, death field, and raze, all just to get 30% more force regen.

The Thrash crit dmg specifically is just silly good and super underrated considering it's the skill we use the most. Raze is a little overrated imo but it's still pretty nice, and Death Field is awesome.
no i posted the correct one.
and this is from the shadow forums a while back
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=220727

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 07:22 PM | #24
The +movespeed% works out of stealth. +15% movespeed is a must have.

I'm not going for survivability. I'm just putting points into the best talents available, and electric execution does nothing for dark charge.
You make a good point on the damage of Electric Execution. Eh, I guess it depends on whether you are having trouble keeping on your target in combat.

Edit: Movement speed is does not stack with sprint.

Khaazilla
01.25.2012 , 07:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Padgemoe View Post
no i posted the correct one.
and this is from the shadow forums a while back
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=220727
Oh, by more force regen you meant the negligible amount of force you get from lightning reflexes. That's almost like the build i linked except you too passed up the +movespeed from obfuscation.

About Darkswell, it's gotten so that your force cloak doesn't make you immune to healing. Since shields are pretty useless in pvp, it's a better place to put your last point than dark ward. It's really a talent for group pvp, so that you can force cloak when you get low and your healer can you heal you back up to full. Otherwise healers will try to heal you and just see zeros pop up, and they'll move on and start healing other people leaving you stuck at 1% hp.

Khaazilla
01.25.2012 , 07:28 PM | #26
You make a good point on the damage of Electric Execution. Eh, I guess it depends on whether you are having trouble keeping on your target in combat.

Edit: Movement speed is does not stack with sprint.
Sprint doesn't work in combat. So when you start fighting sprint drops and obfuscation keeps you at +15% move speed which is absolutely necessary to keep you from being kited by good players since our slow can't be kept up all the time with that spec.

Padgemoe
01.25.2012 , 07:32 PM | #27
Oh, by more force regen you meant the negligible amount of force you get from lightning reflexes. That's almost like the build i linked except you too passed up the +movespeed from obfuscation.

About Darkswell, it's gotten so that your force cloak doesn't make you immune to healing. Since shields are pretty useless in pvp, it's a better place to put your last point than dark ward. It's really a talent for group pvp, so that you can force cloak when you get low and your healer can you heal you back up to full. Otherwise healers will try to heal you and just see zeros pop up, and they'll move on and start healing other people leaving you stuck at 1% hp.
ya, you are right i forgot to move those points over.
did not notice he put them there.
and lighting reflexes bumps you form 8->10 force per second. for 15 seconds. its more then negligible.

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 07:32 PM | #28

Don't get me wrong, I really like Darkswell as Deception spec...

It would probably be better to put those 2 points from Lighting Reflexes into something else then due to the lack of usefulness of shield in PvP

Khaazilla
01.25.2012 , 07:36 PM | #29
Don't get me wrong, I really like Darkswell as Deception spec...

It would probably be better to put those 2 points from Lighting Reflexes into something else then due to the lack of usefulness of shield in PvP
Defense and shields are different, but neither is all that useful in pvp. Though defense is definitely better since it's not negated by crits like shields are. Also it gives some minor force back when you're attacked. Besides, the other talents to choose from are all useless. You either take 4% defense (plus some extra force when attacked) or 2% endurance imo.

Padgemoe
01.25.2012 , 07:37 PM | #30
Defense and shields are different, but neither is all that useful in pvp. Though defense is definitely better since it's not negated by crits like shields are. Also it gives some minor force back when you're attacked. Besides, the other talents to choose from are all useless. You either take 4% defense (plus some extra force when attacked) or 2% endurance imo.
ya and at 20k hp thats only 400 hp.