Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thrash/Shock PvP Theorycraft Build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Thrash/Shock PvP Theorycraft Build

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1
Haven't tried this spec yet due to my insanely high respec costs (99880 creds) but if anyone wants to try it out or discuss, feel free and post up your findings. Currently I'm using 2/31/8 but the lack of survivability in 50 WZs are really hurting. Full Champion/Valor 48.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...hRrMZf0cRr0z.1

The spec is based on using Thrash to get the Energized procs which will guarantee a 100% crit. The crit will cause Exploitive Strikes to proc and increase your chances of getting a Raze proc.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Oh, you will be using Dark Charge and a shield offhand with DPS Gear.

upzie
01.25.2012 , 05:58 PM | #2
Rather just see a few streams with you playing that, or get some feedback once you tried it for a while. On paper it could work with 4/4 dps (power/surge) modd'ed survivor gear.
Upzie, Assassin | Disciples of Zdupz | Tomb of Freedon Nadd
I'm proberly better than you

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 06:01 PM | #3
Once my respec cost goes down I will test it out, but I think with Stalker gear it would be more efficient due to the increased crit chance.

upzie
01.25.2012 , 06:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kougi View Post
Once my respec cost goes down I will test it out, but I think with Stalker gear it would be more efficient due to the increased crit chance.
I doubt it, remember the 4set bonus from survivor gear is 5% more dmg, and looking @ your build it seems that you'll be running around with Darkcharge up.

Wich is also why I suggest that you should remod survivor gear with mods that gives you the stats you want/need.

I get the whole max crit for raze proccs, but with the amount of shocks you'll be doing, that are going to be 100% crits, power and surge will proberly be your best stats outside wp ofc.
Upzie, Assassin | Disciples of Zdupz | Tomb of Freedon Nadd
I'm proberly better than you

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 06:16 PM | #5
Yes, but the 2 set bonus (-10s CD on Spike) isn't really helpful without the Eye of the Storm talent. The 4 piece does negate the -5% damage, but the tradeoff isn't nearly as good as an extra charge of Recklessness. (4 set Stalker bonus)

You do bring up a good point that Surge actually would probably be a higher priority stat than crit due to the Energize talent. I will try that out too.

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #6
bumping

Trayes
01.25.2012 , 06:30 PM | #7
Yes, but the 2 set bonus (-10s CD on Spike) isn't really helpful without the Eye of the Storm talent. The 4 piece does negate the -5% damage, but the tradeoff isn't nearly as good as an extra charge of Recklessness. (4 set Stalker bonus)

You do bring up a good point that Surge actually would probably be a higher priority stat than crit due to the Energize talent. I will try that out too.
There is no 5% loss in damage please for the love of god read your skills. It is a 5% less BONUS DAMAGE. do you know how much damage i lose in Champ + Battlemaster gear on my attacks (not force attacks just thrash and stuff like that)? I lose 16. THAT IS NOTHING!!!

Sorry I just get really mad that assassins do not have the info they think they have. This build wont work if the patch fixes the induction talent. It would mean you have to be in surging charge to get the shock cost reduction.

If you want to play a better version of this build just do 23/0/18. My fave build is 31/0/10
Where there is light, there is darkness...

Kougi
01.25.2012 , 06:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayes View Post
There is no 5% loss in damage please for the love of god read your skills. It is a 5% less BONUS DAMAGE. do you know how much damage i lose in Champ + Battlemaster gear on my attacks (not force attacks just thrash and stuff like that)? I lose 16. THAT IS NOTHING!!!

Sorry I just get really mad that assassins do not have the info they think they have. This build wont work if the patch fixes the induction talent. It would mean you have to be in surging charge to get the shock cost reduction.

If you want to play a better version of this build just do 23/0/18. My fave build is 31/0/10
Good point, but as the topic thread states it's all theorycrafting. I have yet to actually try it out.

5% more damage while guarding or 1 extra recklessness charge?

I can see why the 5% would be more appealing for more sustained damage, but the extra charge means an additional chance to deal +50% crit damage on shock.

By all means, feel free to test it out if you want.

Astarica
01.25.2012 , 06:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayes View Post

Actually, the 5% bonus penalty applies only to MELEE attacks. If you go to your Force attack stats, you'll notice there is no penalty there, so the 5% penalty is a lot smaller than it appears since an overwhelming majority of our good attacks are Force attacks, not melee. In fact, Thrash is the only one that's truly affected, and Thrash is something you use to build other attacks, not something you expect to do significant damage. Assassinate is affected too, but very few guys will survive an Assassinate even when it's doing 5% less damage.

Trayes
01.25.2012 , 06:48 PM | #10
Good point, but as the topic thread states it's all theorycrafting. I have yet to actually try it out.

5% more damage while guarding or 1 extra recklessness charge?

I can see why the 5% would be more appealing for more sustained damage, but the extra charge means an additional chance to deal +50% crit damage on shock.

By all means, feel free to test it out if you want.
So I play 31/0/10 and if you want to see scary burst you should try that build with Survivor gear and DPS mods/enhancments. Get 3 stacks of harnessed darkness (75% force lightning damage) Pop recklessness + Power relic + Power Add while you have an energize proc up. That will deal about 11k damage and I am not kidding. 1900-2k damage a tick on Force lightning as well as 3000-4000 damage on shock. Force Lightning > Shock with all of that up is scary. You will also heal yourself for about 12% of your HP.
Where there is light, there is darkness...