Why sorcs won't get nerfed.

Hexxin

They make up 40% of swtor player base. They arent going to risk losing that many people.

stop looking at their damage numbers at the end of the warzone map and look at their death numbers as well.

sorc are pretty balanced. they have some good tools, decent damage and not much burst and aren't hard to kill at all.

now look at the mercs/commandos who are like #2 dps with 0 deaths.

Balancing based on AOE splash damage that kills next to nothing is not the way to go. People seem to get angry when they see someone performing better damage wise than them but don't realize spamming AOEs that don't kill anyone is not necessarily OP.

Sorcs are REALLY squishy... Bring someone with a real burst damage and see them drop like flies before they can even pronounce "***".

Sorcs are really good against people who do anemic damage, they can outlive that with healing, kiting and what not, but they really blow against a good burst.

A good test to see if your damage is good enough is sorc bubble, if it annoys you or you feel that it is a big deal, then it basically means that your damage sucks to begin with and no wonder you get rolled.

Sorcs are REALLY squishy... Bring someone with a real burst damage and see them drop like flies before they can even pronounce "***".

Sorcs are really good against people who do anemic damage, they can outlive that with healing, kiting and what not, but they really blow against a good burst.

A good test to see if your damage is good enough is sorc bubble, if it annoys you or you feel that it is a big deal, then it basically means that your damage sucks to begin with and no wonder you get rolled.

I get hit by force lightning and hit the jet charge button.

Suddenly they have a powertech Shoryukening them in the face immediately followed by a 70% armour piercing rail shot.

At the same time I'm positioning myself for the inevitable knockback so that I will stay with them if it's on a ledge.

After that it's easy. :)

You mean like this, right?

http://i.imgur.com/qhzTb.jpg

How many solo kills did you get with all that AOE, your kill number is high because you AOEd a bunch of people who ended up dieing probably to ST dps. I very much doubt you got up there AOEd and killed 10 people and then did it again a bunch more times.

Edited by lolsaber

How many solo kills did you get with all that AOE, your kill number is high because you AOEd a bunch of people who ended up dieing probably to ST dps. I very much doubt you got up there AOEd and killed 10 people and then did it again a bunch more times.

Uh, its voidstar, its nearly impossible to get solo kills.

stop looking at their damage numbers at the end of the warzone map and look at their death numbers as well.

sorc are pretty balanced. they have some good tools, decent damage and not much burst and aren't hard to kill at all.

I don't die on my commando, but that's because I am a healer and I will let everyone else die in my stead so I can get away.

Agreed! I play a Sorc and I don't know why people think they roll other classes. This may be the case at lower levels because of their stuns but honestly once I hit 50 I got a huge wake up call. Sorcs do some good DPS but it is mostly damage over time unless you roll Lightning which is hard to play because you are constantly waiting for cast times. And not to mention the fact that my K2D Ratio is usually more deaths than kills.

Everyone needs to stop complaining about classes and L2P. Every class has its strengths and weaknesses. People just need to learn to use these to their advantage. Spend more time learning your class and also learning other classes.

http://i.imgur.com/t1gza.jpg

I don't actually think sorcs need nerfed neccesarily, I just like making people look silly.

I see 3 commandos and 2 BH's b4 the next sorcerer. Equally geared, equal skill sorcerers really arnt all that. And what the op has left off is...wait for it....was he guarded by tanks (making him unkillable), whats the date (was he a 50 rickrolling 10's?).