Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ops energy vs assassin focus

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
ops energy vs assassin focus

Scureded
01.25.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1
just had a question im hoping to get answered. pretty much, which is better? leveling assassin and operative both but im wanting to focus on one. i know how they both work, focus being linear, energy being more you use, less you regen per sec yada yada. i know both get skills and talents that help regen their resource. heres the thing, im still pretty low lvl, so i dont know how those said talents and skills affect you. that being said.....

deception assassin and conceal op, which has better resource? who has more dmg output time due to resources.

dont wanna hear about ops being op, i know they being nerfed, i still enjoy them.

Vallowen
01.25.2012 , 06:55 PM | #2
i have both also, but my assassin is low level

i will just say, you have to pay more attention to the operatives resource. but, they are designed around no dipping below 60% for very long, if at all. so you do have the option to burn it all up quickly, to push out more burst dmg, and then pop your regen (adrenaline probe) to get it back again

assassin attacks do chew through energy quicker, but you can run yourself dry without having to worry about being gimp for ages afterwards with super slow regen

Vesperr
01.25.2012 , 07:55 PM | #3
Sins burst isnt great thus you cant really burn all energy as a sin (its just ineffective), its more like having extra energy in case you get stunned/cc/knockbacked you will use when you get back into action. Sins energy regen is constant and higher but abilities cost more damage so they lack the burst, and most of abilities are proc based and useless otherwise (either too weak or expensive) so we have to stick to core abilities (actually only one - thrash) most of the time.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

Scureded
01.25.2012 , 10:24 PM | #4
how do deception sins and conceal ops compare pve dps wise?