Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do we need another Eastern RP-PvP server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying
Do we need another Eastern RP-PvP server?

Frigidman
12.15.2011 , 03:05 PM | #11
Since Jung Ma was noted to be the RP superserver for PVP, it has been overwhelmed. There should be a second eastern RP-PVP server. I tried to roll on the western RP-PVP but the latency was less then acceptable. Being PVP, I would like to have the best latency possible heh.

So, yes, we do need another RP-PVP for eastern.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

JaxinRiens
12.15.2011 , 03:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Frigidman View Post
Since Jung Ma was noted to be the RP superserver for PVP, it has been overwhelmed. There should be a second eastern RP-PVP server. I tried to roll on the western RP-PVP but the latency was less then acceptable. Being PVP, I would like to have the best latency possible heh.

So, yes, we do need another RP-PVP for eastern.
What was your latency, you really must have a poor connection or unrealistic expectations.
Jaexin Riens :: Drakenus::Jahne Riens::Caenen Riens:: Naekino Riens::Kadall::Reyla::Saedes
"Those without power seek to gain it, those with power seek to exploit it,those without want of power are dead." Darth Maladus

Frigidman
12.15.2011 , 03:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JaxinRiens View Post
What was your latency, you really must have a poor connection or unrealistic expectations.
I have realistic expectations thank you. You are, obviously, not picky enough! LOL.

Anyhow, only "1" east coast RP-PVP server showing FULL most the time, when there are dozens of normal east coast PVP servers? Seems illogical. I still believe BW should add another. How hard is that to understand?
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

JaxinRiens
12.15.2011 , 03:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Frigidman View Post
I have realistic expectations thank you. You are, obviously, not picky enough! LOL.

Anyhow, only "1" east coast RP-PVP server showing FULL most the time, when there are dozens of normal east coast PVP servers? Seems illogical. I still believe BW should add another. How hard is that to understand?
mate i ping 66 ms to jung ma and 66 ms to ajunta pall. Unless you are located in the same city on the same backbone as the server you will not get a magic 10 ms ping. Once you jump physical networks you will suffer latency.

It used to be that pinging the west coast was a big issue for east cost connections due to having to jump through possibly 4 different backbones. now that is not the case.

So i return to you either have a poor connection or unrealistic expectations.
Jaexin Riens :: Drakenus::Jahne Riens::Caenen Riens:: Naekino Riens::Kadall::Reyla::Saedes
"Those without power seek to gain it, those with power seek to exploit it,those without want of power are dead." Darth Maladus

Dustfinder
12.15.2011 , 03:48 PM | #15
Yes add another straight up PVP server EST. I want to start on a fresh server.

DISCOM
12.15.2011 , 03:54 PM | #16
what is with the 45min waiting time i c the usa servers dont seem as bad as the eu.i waited 45 min then when the game started to load it had a problem and put me to the back of the Q so yet another 45min wait and they want us to pay for this.

JaxinRiens
12.15.2011 , 04:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DISCOM View Post
what is with the 45min waiting time i c the usa servers dont seem as bad as the eu.i waited 45 min then when the game started to load it had a problem and put me to the back of the Q so yet another 45min wait and they want us to pay for this.
popular game is popular.

Balbosa
12.15.2011 , 06:02 PM | #18
Jung Ma is the most populated server out of hundreds lol. And its the only rp-pvp est. My favorite kind of server. Well, guess I'll just wait out this 35 min queque.

uruz
12.15.2011 , 07:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Latorn View Post
I'm not in early access yet, but just from monitoring the status of the Jung Ma server over the past 2 days through http://www.swtor.com/server-status I've noticed it's one of the few servers that is consistently full.

To anyone that is in early game access, and playing on the Jung Ma server, is there a consistent large queue when attempting to log in?
I notice the queue goes down about 7pm at night [that's about the time I can start playing as I'm PST in an EST guild]. Bioware may have to offer server transfers as this is going to be a problem going forward

What I find troubling is there are a lot of players on this server that I'd expect to see on non-RP servers [character names, attitudes of players in general chat, etc].
"Nothing like slaughtering jedi to make you feel alive..."

Vunak
12.15.2011 , 07:19 PM | #20
Yes... I've been sitting in the que for an hour already.
Kindred Rising
PVP-RP SITH