Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

question about palpatine

JDTC
01.25.2012 , 05:35 PM | #11
is there a precedent for electricity or force lightening turning people into monsters? i mean even his voice changed and he sounded like a lizard and it was all reverby. did the lightening go into his larynx and melt that too? why did it make his forehead so big and weird?
i support powertech

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 05:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Why does he need to scream to be in pain?
It kinda proves he is in fact taking the majority of his lightning directly to his face, something Mace, and Luke makes sound like It Is quite painful. I have a hard time imagining even Sidious could remain silent, and speak while taking that amount of pain to his face. Luke only managed to yell for his dad, Sidious spoke more coherent sentences to Anakin.

Quote:
As for the hands...perhaps the lighting got those too, I mean they were right almost next to his face shooting out lighting.
Granted, but still even after Mace and Luke received the same treatment, Mace maybe more so, they showed no visibly signs of scarring like Sidious did.

Coronae
01.25.2012 , 06:40 PM | #13
Force lightning really does not make sense at all... The electricity would hurt the user just as much as the person they were blasting because electricity needs to form a complete circuit.

Rhyltran
01.25.2012 , 06:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Coronae View Post
Force lightning really does not make sense at all... The electricity would hurt the user just as much as the person they were blasting because electricity needs to form a complete circuit.
It's not real electricity. It's electricity created by the force.

Kirasavior
01.25.2012 , 08:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
I always took it as he was blasting so much lightning that he had to use his own physical resources, life force, to keep it going and thus it wrecked his face
I thought this as well.
I have altered the deal, pray I do not alter it further...

bfishback
01.25.2012 , 09:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Coronae View Post
Of course it makes no sense. Luke wouldn't be screaming in pain like that and just moving back and forth, he'd should have been getting electrocuted and would not be able to control his body at all.

Another example would be the trooper in one of the SWTOR trailers, there is no way he could continue to charge into Malgus while getting electrocuted.

BrandonSM
01.25.2012 , 10:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bfishback View Post
Of course it makes no sense. Luke wouldn't be screaming in pain like that and just moving back and forth, he'd should have been getting electrocuted and would not be able to control his body at all.

Another example would be the trooper in one of the SWTOR trailers, there is no way he could continue to charge into Malgus while getting electrocuted.
Palps had the most powerful Force Lightning. He could kill most with one bolt. He just tuned it down for Luke, cause of his enjoyment.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ErikModi
01.25.2012 , 10:54 PM | #18
That's a source of some debate. Some say that Palpatine was using some sort of Sith Alchemical ritual to hide his Dark Side corruption, and the barrage of Force Lightning shredded that protection, revealing his Dark Side corruption for all to see. Perhaps it was just the reflected Force Lightning scarring him. Or perhaps, in that nexus of balance between Light and Dark, as the scales tipped into the Dark, the Dark Side finally exacted its terrible price from Darth Sidious.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

DarylMusashi
01.25.2012 , 10:54 PM | #19
Well, since Palp was intentionally making it appear that Wendu had the advantage in order to facilitate Anakin's turn, I say it was Palp revealing his true form. Besides, if it was really hurting him wouldn't he be smart enough to simply stop casting the force lightning? On the other hand, how could Wendu be dumb enough to not figure this out on his own?

MDav
01.25.2012 , 11:36 PM | #20
In the wookieepedia page for papa palpatine it says the Mace reflected the lightning back to Palp which revealed his true form.

The quotes here explain it all http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Evil_Within