Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

question about palpatine

einsoff
01.25.2012 , 04:21 PM | #1
Alright, so when Palpatine's face changes during the duel with Windu, is that the lightning reflecting back melting his face off or is it the light side giving way and showing Palpatine's true form?

LordQordisz
01.25.2012 , 04:37 PM | #2
That was the lightning messing his face up.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 04:58 PM | #3
I always thought It was just Darth Sidious showing his true form.
When he bombarded Mace, and Luke with it their faces didn't change at all.

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2012 , 04:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
I always thought It was just Darth Sidious showing his true form.
When he bombarded Mace, and Luke with it their faces didn't change at all.
Err....the both of them didn't have lighting directly going into their faces they had it all going everywhere so it was all spread out.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kelticfury
01.25.2012 , 05:01 PM | #5
I always took it as he was blasting so much lightning that he had to use his own physical resources, life force, to keep it going and thus it wrecked his face
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
To quote Mace Windu "Im tired of these mofo Sith in this mofo galaxy"
Dancing is OP!111 Video evidence!11

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 05:11 PM | #6
Quote:
Err....the both of them didn't have lighting directly going into their faces they had it all going everywhere so it was all spread out.
I just watched it again, and It's not going Directly into his face, It's spread out too, plus I think some of it might be absorbed by Windu's lightsaber, like Dooku's was against Obi-Wan's.
Also, his hands also clearly disfigures themselves, If you say It's all going directly to his face why would his hands be affected? He also doesn't scream in agony like Mace, and Luke.

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2012 , 05:21 PM | #7
I watched it, looks to me the majority of the lighting was going directly into his face.

SammyRath
01.25.2012 , 05:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I watched it, looks to me the majority of the lighting was going directly into his face.
Lets say It was, why didn't he scream in pain like everyone else he blasts with lightning? And why did his hands disfigure as well?

TheLonelyTusken
01.25.2012 , 05:29 PM | #9
Lets say It was, why didn't he scream in pain like everyone else he blasts with lightning? And why did his hands disfigure as well?
Because hes a beast and he wanted to make Anakin believe he was dieing by whimpering and moaning so that Anakin would be pressured into saving his life, which in turn made Palpatine's plan a success.

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2012 , 05:29 PM | #10
Why does he need to scream to be in pain? As for the hands...perhaps the lighting got those too, I mean they were right almost next to his face shooting out lighting.