Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Neutral Alignment?

cpmd
12.14.2011 , 09:03 PM | #1
I've read that BioWare said there may be rewards for neutral alignment opposed to only rewarding light/dark side alignments. Is there any information about this? I've tried searching but most threads turn up as deleted...

As a note, I would like to say that I would greatly support this idea. I am planning to go neutral whether or not there are rewards, but the added bonus of getting to show off my alignment with armor and titles would be awesome.

Maybe tally a total of points of both light and dark side earned while neutral to count who has made decisions in both sides? (Opposed to having made no decisions or being too low level to earned enough prestige).

Does anyone have any info on this to share? Thanks in advance!
⊰|||||۝|⋅Pך ई██████████████████████████████)

Xayln
12.14.2011 , 09:09 PM | #2
I've been wondering the exact same thing. Bump.
-Xayln-
-Madness Sorcerer-
-Unguilded-

wizzles
12.14.2011 , 09:12 PM | #3
Agree 100%, I haven't gotten into early access yet but I remember in the beta I was playing neutral and I got in a bit of a hole when my lightsaber deteriorated all the way. I could not, for the life of me, find a vendor that sold a decent lightsaber without an alignment requirement. I ended up rolling with my training saber at level 15, lol. As an RPer it kind of sucks that you can't be gray to get the best gear -- you have to be either light side or dark side. From what I've seen.
{⌠▒▒▒▒▒ξ╧╧╧╧╧\▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Froederick
12.14.2011 , 09:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wizzles View Post
I got in a bit of a hole when my lightsaber deteriorated all the way.
Lightsabers can deteriorate, how does this happen?

also Neutral gear gets a vote in the affirmative from me

McKnighter
12.14.2011 , 10:22 PM | #5
I agree! I like a nice medium, rather than going one of the two extremes.
Apathy is death.

cpmd
12.15.2011 , 01:33 PM | #6
Awesome to see the support for this! Here's hoping.
⊰|||||۝|⋅Pך ई██████████████████████████████)

Shadowclaimer
12.15.2011 , 01:39 PM | #7
From what I was told there are specific armorsets for Light, Dark, or Neutral players to show off their alignment, also special effects that can be toggled (so maximum dark players will have an eery glow but its toggleable) etc.

Personally I'm playing a pure Light Sith, one who tries to channel the powers of the Dark Side of the Force for good, but also is prone to being consumed by his rage in battle.

Farish
12.15.2011 , 10:20 PM | #8
I could have sworn that Bioware said that players would not be penalized for being "grey" or neutral alignment.
Well not being able to use light OR dark side gear with no grey alignment gear is definitely a penalization and I'm not very happy about it.

saethone
12.15.2011 , 11:03 PM | #9
They've said they plan to have gear that requires neutral but they haven't implemented it yet
Saeth - <Jolly Q> of Prophecy of the Five

JavaGuy_JA
12.16.2011 , 01:26 AM | #10
Turn to the Dark Side!