Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rate Class Stories You've Played (Scores Compiled & Updated) (No Spoilers Please)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Rate Class Stories You've Played (Scores Compiled & Updated) (No Spoilers Please)

JoyProtocol
01.27.2012 , 03:08 PM | #21
Imperial Agent: 10/10. I love the story. It has thrown me quite a few awesome moment, and I sometimes just sit back and grin at how elegantly the situation is resolved.

Smuggler: 6/10. I didn't get very far, because the story bored me. Where's my ship? What did you say, Han Solo?

Bounty Hunter: 7/10. Good story, but feels unimportant somehow. The best thing is Mako's involvement, the story itself feels stale.

That's all I got so far!

LyriaFrost
01.27.2012 , 03:24 PM | #22
I haven't "finished" any of the stories yet (ie, gotten to 50), but I've played a bunch of them up into late act-1.

Agent: 10/10. My favorite story hands down. I love the feeling of being the untouchable super-spy/assassin. And some of her quips are just flat-out awesome. "Never lie to a professional liar." *blam*

Inquisitor: 6/10. Act-1 was pretty cool. A bit tedious at times, but overall not bad. The twist at the ending wasn't something I expected, so that was kind of a "huh!" moment. But overall, not that great.

Trooper: 8/10. The trooper has felt pretty solid so far. Betrayed, left for dead, and given command of an elite squad of commandos from hell to go hunt down and crush the dirty traitors. It feels much less "tedious" than the Inquisitor, even though they're similar in nature (go to this planet, get this object/person, move to next, repeat), mostly because there's a sense of "closure" after each planet.

Bounty Hunter: 7.5/10. I like the fact that the BH is kind of "her own woman" in a sense, but some of the stories were a bit dragged out for each target. And a couple of the "twists" I saw coming a MIIIILE away.

Smuggler: 9/10. I love the smuggler storyline through act-1. Chasing after the jerkwad who stole your ship, finally tracking him down and getting it back, then racing off and stealing all HIS stuff. Then taunting him whenever you talk to him. Great fun.

Conselar: 6/10. The story feels a bit weak to me. It's interesting, but too similar to the Inquisitor one, IMO. Go here, shield Random Jedi Master, move on to next. There haven't been any twists yet, and no surprises. Rather dull, overall. Some of the cutscenes, however, are very cool. Ripping open massive three-foot-thick doors with the force made my bf grumble that his Knight doesn't get do that.

Chesterwick
01.27.2012 , 03:36 PM | #23
Smuggler: 8/10

It is a silly adventure type story. I rather appreciate the acquire ship -> hijinks ensue method of storytelling. It can get a little formulaic with the delivery/fetch quests but I enjoy the character interactions so much that I didn't really mind.
The male voice actor delivered a delightful performance. It gave the strong impression that my smuggler was just making things up as he went along. I found it fit the humorous tone of the story.
This class is all high adventure. Don't come here looking for an incredibly deep and thought provoking tale of subtle intrigue. For that you'd want the...

Imperial Agent 9/10

This story has surprised me on more than one occasion. Very well written with a wonderful cast.
Chapter one had a slow build with a nice conclusion but its been the second half that's really hooked me.
Many things are at play here. You're never entirely sure how things are the way they are and I believe that was by design. It kept me guessing.
Again, the male voice actor delivered a great performance. He gives his lines with a very dry style which really works to the comedic moments' favor.
The agent has been my favorite story so far and I believe it's one of the best in the game.
I'm inebriated by the exuberance of my own verbosity

Shadowsdarth
01.28.2012 , 07:02 PM | #24
Ia 10/10

Phyreblade
01.28.2012 , 07:43 PM | #25
Smuggler: 9/10 -- story is FUN, hands down. We're talking laugh until your belly hurts fun. I loved the character, the companions, the NPC interaction, and, yep, the story. It was a riot!

Bounty Hunter: 10/10 -- Lots of fun, here, too. Plenty of moments I was left laughing. But a more solid tale. I loved how the hunter is an independent, willfull, strong, determined, how she goes from being all about money to honor and family.

Sith Warrior: 9/10 -- Combat is awesome. Story is predictable but solid. Loved, loved the Malavai Quinn twist. Enjoyable.

Sith Inquisitor: 7/10 -- I enjoyed the twists the story took. And loved the lighting from the fingers bit. Just plain looked bada**. Was fun taking a slave to the higher echelons of power.

Jedi Knight: 7/10 -- Very comparable to the SW, actually. An epic story straight from the movies. Predictable but enjoyable.

Trooper: 6/10 -- Solid character, preditable story but emotional even as what you expected to happen is happening. But I'm surrounded by soldiers every day, in RL, so I'm a tad biased, here, hehe.

Jedi Consular: 7/10 -- Story moves slowly, yes. But it's very well written. The Consular is a diplomat, negotiator. If you approach it from that perspective, that its not the story of a "I'm going to beat you down" perspective, then it's enjoyable. Worthwhile.

Imperial Agent: 9/10 -- Played a DS agent all the way through to the end, and fell utterly in love with the story. Chapter 1 was awful, imo, due to the "James Bond" feel of the story, there. But Chapter 2 definitely makes up for it, very very emotional investment in the character during those events. Awesome!

Edited to add revisions after additional playthroughs.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Baelarn
01.28.2012 , 08:35 PM | #26
Bouty Hunter 10/10

I'm a sucker for the independent, honourable warrior archetype, so loved this story. I loved the variation in targets, as well as the over arching thread. I absolutely loved the final confrontations, and the final speech I gave was epic.

Mako was a great and interesting companion. Contrary to most, I also liked Torian. Blizz is absolutely adorable. Gault is cool, though I havent done much with him, but Im not a Skadge fan. Might pump the last two with companion gifts to see their stories anywya (as well as finish off the last 1k each for Mako/Torian, and the last 4k for Blizz).

Im currently levelling an Inquisitor and its alright so far. Also got a SW and a JK alt that I'm going to be playing through (heard all good things about th SW). Eventually intend to play a smuggler and a trooper as well. Not fussed about a consular, and IAs dot entice me gameplay wise, but might play one just for the story!

Aeristar
01.28.2012 , 10:54 PM | #27
Agent: 10/10

Everything you want in a story. Excellent plot, great voice work. Had me at every turn.

Smuggler: 9/10

This is great from a comedic point of view. Some of the dialogue lines have you rolling on the floor.
"'Watcher Two,' huh? That's a pretty name. Is it Twi'lek?"
-Kaliyo
"It's basic. Unlike many civilizations, the Empire teaches it's children how to count."
-Watcher Two

Synica
01.28.2012 , 10:59 PM | #28
Only two stories I've played so far are the Bounty Hunter and Sith Inquisitor.

Sith Inquisitor: 6/10. Boring, shallow, repetitive but still told well.

Bounty Hunter: 10/10. I can't describe it without spoilers. But I will say it was one of the most fulfilling, satisfying, dark and edgier stories I've read/watched/played and I loved it. Never felt so vindicated with a violent, bloody, nasty and hateful outcome before.
"Pleasure doing business with ya."

Neovag
01.28.2012 , 11:47 PM | #29
Sith Inquisitor: 7/10

the 4s and 5s for this are a bit unreasonable. Yeah, you're rolling a sith and know what that will mean, right from the start; politics, greed and murder. But at the same time, it's still done with a few amusing twists along the way that stop it from becoming too predictable. The voice acting is also phenomenal... Rarely is sarcasm done so well in a video game.

Oh and who can forget... 3 - [Shock him]

Trooper: 5/10

Haven't done all that much, but so far I'm not inclined to feel anything about it. Tried playing a female and all I could think was that she seemed more masculine than my male inquisitor..

FluorineSpark
01.29.2012 , 06:15 AM | #30
Imperial Agent: 10/10 (Act 1)

I LOVE Imperial Agent. It give you a very refreshing perspective about the Star Wars universe and story. The quest are very well designed and have great variety. Sure there're many "go there, kill this" quests, but a lot of quests are unexpected, you don't know what's gonna happen next, who is going to betray you, who you'll end up fighting with or against. It's just one big roller coaster ride! It really make you feel that you're a super cool secret agent and is part of something big.

---

Sith Inquisitor 6/10 (Act 1)

Sith INquisitor is very predictable, at least at the beginning, there's no surprises. The quests are mostly "run errand for this lord", "pleasing that lord", "climbing the evil corporate ladder"... Not nearly as exciting as IA.

---

Thank you for this thread! I was thinking about trying out other classes. This is great information.