Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enjoy story or just "get it done"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Enjoy story or just "get it done"?

DrFaroohk
01.26.2012 , 06:50 AM | #21
Once in a great while I'll skip the dialogue if its a quest I know is just a lame sidequest. "Go find my favorite necklace!" or something.

Other than that, I'm the opposite of most MMO players. The travelling, mobs, looting, leveling, questing...those are all in the way of my story! I just want to get them done so I can see more story!

kinglanevothree
01.26.2012 , 08:39 AM | #22
I prioritized my class story quests just to see what will happen next.
My Little Tauntaun - Darth Xedrix server
Commando (Main) - Gunnery spec
Gunslinger - Sharpshooter spec
Mercenary - Arsenal spec

AtrumErus
01.26.2012 , 09:15 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ordryth View Post
This is a problem for everyone who got tired of the quest progression system from other MMO's. I have the same issue.. And for me also, after getting to tatooine, I started pressing spacebar bcoz it is almost just as boring as to read that the guy is being attacked by horrible things who are just standing in a field where they always are.

Everyone who came from other MMO's and have grown tired of the quest system already I would like to advice going back to either WoW, or move along..

You will have to wait for Guild Wars 2 which will be released later this year.
You're advising people to go back to a game that has an even more boring quest system? Personally, I enjoy the quests and I never have spacebarred through one. Namely, because, even though I'd be doing the same sidequest, there are different reactions to your class/race and vice versa. In addition, of course, my characters all act differently, so I receive new dialogue from the quest-giver.

_Darkstar
01.26.2012 , 09:33 AM | #24
Quote:
I don't care about your life story, I just want to get this quest out of the way.
I am this way in real life, I want people to GET TO THE POINT in as few words as possible. I would listen to every line of text if I knew every line was relevent and not just fluff and filler.

(Don't get me wrong the voice acting is great, but I just hate listening to people waffle on. If I owned a company I would sack anyone who took too long to get to the point because someone who can get to the point faster would be more efficient)
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Callo
01.26.2012 , 09:43 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WizzyWarlock View Post
What does it really matter? It's no different than having a wall of text in a game like LOTRO. That tells you the reason but nobody cares. The only difference here is that it's voiced and 'acted' instead of just something you read, which I admit is nice at first but when all the quests amount to the same thing it just gets tedious.

Class quests on the other hand have a continuous flow to them so I watch every one, but side quests where I hear the guys life story and then never see him again after clicking three glowing objects. As pointless as the walls of text from past games.
Sometimes the dialogue is different from class to class for the side quests, but yeah after the first run through I tend to just space bar through the side quests if I do them at all. I've skipped a lot of the side quests when possible and mainly PvP'd and done the class quest on my alt (which might end up being my main lol) I actually enjoy leveling tho in this game compared to lotro, which to me was boring and I just wanted it to end. Leveling felt like more of a grind in lotro than it does in TOR.
(▓▓c▓▓o▓▓o▓▓k▓▓i▓▓e▓▓s▓▓▓▓║Σ║╪╟████████╫╢
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

gaskull
02.02.2012 , 05:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DrFaroohk View Post
Once in a great while I'll skip the dialogue if its a quest I know is just a lame sidequest. "Go find my favorite necklace!" or something.

Other than that, I'm the opposite of most MMO players. The travelling, mobs, looting, leveling, questing...those are all in the way of my story! I just want to get them done so I can see more story!
Same here
THE-KĀLI-CLAN/LEGACY
ReyejaRai'omRystayaGrivainth
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan