Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Shanaeri
01.25.2012 , 02:24 PM | #11
Wow, that really is a lot of thought and work you've put in there. Great stuff. Although i'm sure there are pros and cons to this no one can doubt this is exactly the right sort of positive ideas that Bioware should be presented with.

It does however all come down to money. such an project would divert resources from other projects and only really BW can say if they will bring in more revenue or subs than what they have planned.

For what it's worth I would welcome such a change to world PvP and it would add a great deal to the somewhat lacking level 50 end game.

Thank you once again, its very much appreciated

Shan

ZachLight
01.25.2012 , 02:25 PM | #12
an awesome effort and an awesome post of ideas.......

you may now have some sleep...

good stuff all of it well done Aneu...

/signed.

Kryptorchid
01.25.2012 , 02:28 PM | #13
Loved the Gantt Chart!

/support

Hethroin
01.25.2012 , 02:35 PM | #14
I like it.

I liked it more when it was called "Warhammer Online" (Before the lolskavenlol expansion)

What is required for this plan to work is competitive numbers of willing participants on both factions, otherwise what you end up with is 15 repubs defending against 50 imps, until the imps break the door, and OWPvP still doesn't enter into the picture. Faction transfers or some other "defect-without-losing-much-progress" mechanism is required.
Corellian Run formerly Mind Trick
<White Talons>: Tigerwoods - Vanguard, Limbaugh - Sentinel
<Black Talons>: Ereldys - Assassin

Chadwokie
01.25.2012 , 02:40 PM | #15
first and formost i want show my support and backing for what is a great solution to the current illum problem

2nd i have resubscribed purely to reply to this post alone (having previously cancled my sub hit 50 done all operations and flashpoints and found current pvp lacking and since have not been able to post)

3rd i dont think this document should limit its idea just to incorperate a battle zone but create a real war with multiple battlefields in it, presently i do not feel there is any real friction between the factions regarding players aside from two war zones and the shame that is illum currently

4th the concept should not limit its self to just planets in the zone but consider each point a contested hub (my major fear is bioware would get hung up on the "feel" of each planet and take way to much time creating each contested hub)

i understand that the op is suggesting cloning current planets, buildings and textures, but i feel there is room for more variety such as, moon bases, asteroid stations, ship building stations, city ships, and orbital stations
Vengeance Of The Fallen
Chadwokie
"Owning since 2003"
www.VoTF-online.net

BlackSpin
01.25.2012 , 02:41 PM | #16
Great post - I love the ideas. Good initiative. However, I doubt BioWare will invest in creating 11 more planets (assuming they are mirrored for the other faction.) Even with using content already live from current planets. Not your fault though. I wish you had a hand in the development process to begin with.

vindianajones
01.25.2012 , 02:42 PM | #17
Fantastic write-up. I doubt anything like this will be implemented in a reasonable amount of time, but they should hire you.

Algorithm
01.25.2012 , 02:44 PM | #18
I like the idea, and i appreciate all the work you have put into this.

As you said, the biggest challenge with this and any OWPvP system in this game is the faction imbalance. The progressive health gain system you proposed may work to balance this out, i just hope we can get a chance to test it as level 50's on the test server.

maudes
01.25.2012 , 02:44 PM | #19
A lot of effort and thought has obviously has been put into this.

I for one would love to see this put into the game.

JediMasterShake
01.25.2012 , 02:45 PM | #20
Takes "days" for one single gamer to create an amazingly well done design doc for Ilum.

Takes "years" for Gabe Amantagelo and Bioware to come up with aborted fetus of Ilum as we know it.

Really, really, well done. A lot of effort and thought went into this, obviously. So sorry it was in vain. Though I'm sure it was rewarding for you.
Make a fast break, or that'll be the last mistake that <bleep> will make, is what you get for messin' with
Master Shake.