Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rate the Class Stories!

UA_Wookie
01.25.2012 , 01:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Duneadah View Post
Rly? What level are you? After coruscant Its gets so much more better ! Love it , second act is hit and miss. BUt still interesting overall!
Spoiler
If ToR was Communist Russia, PvP would be human rights. - dvvx

Jswizzle
01.25.2012 , 01:52 PM | #22
What are you guys smoking that you didn't like the consular story? Can I have some?

I thought the consular story was great. Would of liked more romance options but Nadia is so fun

rhirne
01.25.2012 , 01:53 PM | #23
The Consular story is actually one of learning. If you don't in particular like history / lore, you won't like the Consular storyline.

I hear a lot of people bashing it, but I actually enjoy it. You learn A LOT of history behind all that has happened up until this point in time. Yes I agree, they did give out a major story spoiler early on (before you even leave Tyhon), but just the amount of history and lore alone is worth it - at least IMO.

I've also done parts of the SI and Smuggler stories, and those seem to be very interesting... Although with the SI story, if he called me slave one more time....... I didn't like him from the start anyways

Spoiler

And those are just SOME of the things you learn along the way
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

PibbyPib
01.25.2012 , 01:54 PM | #24
Seems like the Agent storyline is pretty often considered the best one. It really surprised me, too-- since Agent was the one class I looked at in the list back when the game was in Beta and thought, "well there's the crap one".

Imperial Agent is one of the best storylines I've ever seen in a game. One of the things that makes it good, I think, is that it doesn't feel like it's trying to pigeonhole you as either a 'good guy' or a 'bad guy', and your character kind of feels like he grows over the course of the plot.

Lionflash
01.25.2012 , 01:57 PM | #25
I have only played the Jedi Knight Story so far. It seems pretty good to me, nothing spectacular, it has it's moments, I just wish they weren't so spread out.

One thing that I like about it, is I was afraid that I'd have to go threw the entire game with my knight sounding like a 'goody2shoes' cloistered Jedi, but it turns out, that's not the case.

I play a sarcastic Light Side Jedi and for the most part, I'm impressed that I can portray the cocky, half smirking, yet unltimately good-natured Jedi. Kinda like Obi-wan in Episode 2, except more extreme.

Another bonus for the Jedi is I like pretty much all of his companions. I'm sort of against companions that don't speak english, and I know every class has atleast one, but if I had to chose one, I'd go with T7. Kira was fun at the beggining. She complimented my wise cracking nature and there was the initial sexual tension. But after that she seems to stop developing as a character...

The rest are average and I'll stop here so I don't go into spoilers.

Overall I'd give the Jedi Knight Story a 7/10.

Malphas
01.25.2012 , 01:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkimor View Post
Consular story is truly a poorly written story.

The entire thing relies on characterization, a very basic story technique, but achieves none of it. It just tells us we should care instead of actually making us care; I'd be so embarrassed if I was the one who wrote that (I'd also consider going back to school, because it clearly didn't work the first time).
You seem like a pretty nice guy!

Anyway, only really experienced a couple stories so far. Inquisitor and Knight. Both have been really good. The knights has been more along the lines of a classic rpg story (save the world/galaxy). Inquisitors has been more of a personal rise to power.

Its hard for me to say who's I like more. They've both had some good "whoa" moments. If I had to chose, id go with the knight.

Ghaiana
01.25.2012 , 01:58 PM | #27
I like the consular story very much

Arkimor
01.25.2012 , 01:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeadCapper View Post
So a guy who thinks they shouldn't have put any money into the VO doesn't like the story, color me surprised!
When have I ever said that?

Quote: Originally Posted by rhirne View Post
The Consular story is actually one of learning. If you don't in particular like history / lore, you won't like the Consular storyline.

I hear a lot of people bashing it, but I actually enjoy it. You learn A LOT of history behind all that has happened up until this point in time. Yes I agree, they did give out a major story spoiler early on (before you even leave Tyhon), but just the amount of history and lore alone is worth it - at least IMO.

I've also done parts of the SI and Smuggler stories, and those seem to be very interesting... Although with the SI story, if he called me slave one more time....... I didn't like him from the start anyways
See? The SI story actually made you feel a certain way about one of its characters, from the very start, whereas the Consular story.....doesn't.

You're right about learning a lot of history and such, and that's fine, and I'm glad you enjoyed it, but there is still some very basic story-telling techniques that are missed. The content of a story is only a fraction of a story, how you tell that story is just as important.
Killer: 100%|Achiever: 40%| Socializer: 33%| Explorer: 33%

Warnings: 15 Infractions: 8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xugos View Post
This forum has better PvP than TOR, brah.

Tolil
01.25.2012 , 02:01 PM | #29
I'm having my 2nd run at the Consular story. First time at it I got to around 30 and went darkside for nearly everything... the story fell apart.
This time I'm playing the role of the good Jedi and I'm actually quite enjoying it. Maybe it's the fact that I can now understand how it is supposed to make sense - rather than letting you get away with playing through the story how ever you want it is very much a character driven story... you just have to be the right type of character...

Nicain
01.25.2012 , 02:03 PM | #30
Sith Maurader story was awesome, but that's all I can speak of to this point.