Ashara Zavros and Thana Vesh

Jatne

Ashara is a principled character, who doesn't like wanton slaughter, cruelty or malicious actions. That makes her unique amongst your companions. She is the polar opposite of the Jedi Knight companion Lord Scourge, yet I don't see any light side RPers complaining you can't turn him to the light, for romance.

What makes her interesting, is the fact you HAVE to decieve her if you want to be dark side and romance her. You have to mask your true nature and/or buy her affection. If you could simply turn her whole moral system upside down, it would make her whole story arc pointless. 'Pimpnosis' is a lot less impressive IMO.

Amongst the beta testers, there was quite a lot of suppport to have

be the SI's dark side romance option. Her moral code is already pretty out of whack, and as a bonus her dialogue would barely need to be changed as most of the voice work is already in place.

TLDR

Ashara Zavros would be a lame dark side romance. Plus she would need more voice work to make it plausable. She is unique as she is.

Thana Vesh would be a much more suitable dark side companion, most of the voice work is already in game. She gives dark side Jaessa a run for her money in pure evilness.

Edited by Jatne

Ashara would be an incredible DS romance if written correctly. Corrupting her to the DS beats the hell out of having her just "become" DS like Jaesa.

Also, you can spin being forced to choose LS choices however you want, it's still lame. BW could have given us the option to actual deceive our way into her heart and make her into a truly worth apprentice for a DS SI, but they chose otherwise. It's pretty clear, Xalek is the DS apprentice and Ashara is the LS apprentice.

Ashara would be an incredible DS romance if written correctly. Corrupting her to the DS beats the hell out of having her just "become" DS like Jaesa.

Also, you can spin being forced to choose LS choices however you want, it's still lame. BW could have given us the option to actual deceive our way into her heart and make her into a truly worth apprentice for a DS SI, but they chose otherwise. It's pretty clear, Xalek is the DS apprentice and Ashara is the LS apprentice.

Oh dear, lol. She isn't, yes that is right... IS NOT your Apprentice. Xalek is. She is just a companion, by circumstance like Lord Scourge (a purely evil mofo) for the Jedi knights.

At least look at Thana if you want to see what a dark side apprentice should look like...

Edited by Jatne

Oh dear, lol. She isn't, yes that is right... IS NOT your Apprentice. Xalek is. She is just a companion, by circumstance like Lord Scourge (a purely evil mofo) for the Jedi knights.

At least look at Thana if you want to see what a dark side apprentice should look like...

She very much IS your apprentice, through deception and coercion. Thana was ok, but I like my evil to be thoughtful. Thana was stupid and full of rage, like the average sith warrior. That is fine and all, but to be a romance for a sith inquisitor, they really should be a bit smarter. Smarter both in word and action. I know you have an opinion, but you are spitting in other people's faces about it and tossing out false information like propaganda. It isn't helping your case.

She very much IS your apprentice, through deception and coercion. Thana was ok, but I like my evil to be thoughtful. Thana was stupid and full of rage, like the average sith warrior. That is fine and all, but to be a romance for a sith inquisitor, they really should be a bit smarter. Smarter both in word and action. I know you have an opinion, but you are spitting in other people's faces about it and tossing out false information like propaganda. It isn't helping your case.

I am explaining logically and rationally why I hold the opinion I do, giving evidence and explanations. I do not need to help my case. If you don't believe me, perhaps you will believe it from

at 25:06. The clue is even in what gifts she likes (Republic Memorabilia)

2:34

There is more than one way to break an egg. Don't think you know everything.

And then she is surpassed by the truly evil Xalek, who has greater potential. Plus, like Vette... you can abuse her as much as you want, don't expect a romance to blossom. Women don't generally appreciate being downtrodden or abused, and art mirrors life.

I don't think I know everything.

I won't go into too much detail, but many people, both men and women, get caught in abusive relationships. Some choose to stay. They aren't really right to, but in their head it either seems the best choice or the only choice.

People are also attracted to power. There are options there if you choose to open your eyes.

I'll give my reasoning one more shot at explaining.

If you are light side, you are drawn to her character for the reasons you state and you fall in love with her, or at least have the option to.

If you are dark side, you respect power and presence you take her as your apprentice because you don't have any options. When Xalek comes along, who embodies everything a SI should be, you accept him as your apprentice. If you are dark side and only respect their ideals, you would be drawn to Xalek over Ashara.

Originally, you had the option to kill your companions (which would have been her dark side fate) but, then as people had noone to craft and it caused the CSR's such a headache, they removed it.

This thread was meant to be more about Thana than Ashara, so, I am done hijacking my own thread :D

Edited by Jatne

Hey! One of my videos landed in another thread! Hi-5!

I fully support Thana being an EMPIRE post-launch (update/micro-transaction/expansion) companion. Yes, the SI does need a darker romance. Thana Vesh would be nothing like Jaesa-Dark. The reason is because she was born into the ways of the Sith, and if it wasn't for her recklessness, she'd be a model warrior for the Empire.

She plays hard to get (to the MAX). The same cannot be said for Jaesa... lol. :rolleyes: I could keep going on about Thana, and as a die-hard Light Sith.. I would gladly absorb some Dark-Side pts to catch that saucy Minx.

Lastly, wouldn't it be awesome to have a hot Sith Juggernaut as another melee-tank companion option? Each time you accidentally click her instead of an item/quest NPC, you'd hear "Keep your hands to yourself!" instead of Khem.

Anaconda

Edited by DarthGile

Hey! One of my videos landed in another thread! Hi-5!

I fully support Thana being an EMPIRE post-launch (update/micro-transaction/expansion) companion. Yes, the SI does need a darker romance. Thana Vesh would be nothing like Jaesa-Dark. The reason is because she was born into the ways of the Sith, and if it wasn't for her recklessness, she'd be a model warrior for the Empire.

She plays hard to get (to the MAX). The same cannot be said for Jaesa... lol. :rolleyes: I could keep going on about Thana, and as a die-hard Light Sith.. I would gladly absorb some Dark-Side pts to catch that saucy Minx.

Anaconda

Hey, I absolutely love your videos. Please, keep them up as they are (especially the hoodless Revan w/ helm) useful. I look forward to seeing what you add to the channel as time goes on.

/tiphat

Edited by Jatne

Hey, I absolutely love your videos. Please, keep them up as they are (especially the hoodless Revan w/ helm) useful. I look forward to seeing what you add to the channel as time goes on.

/tiphat

I suspect that my fellow community members will make decent compilations of their favorite scenes/companions. Afterall, I just don't have the time to make 8 lvl 50's and produce videos of their companions. Operations will probably be my recording goal for the lucky guild that picks me.

I suspect that my fellow community members will make decent compilations of their favorite scenes/companions. Afterall, I just don't have the time to make 8 lvl 50's and produce videos of their companions. Operations will probably be my recording goal for the lucky guild that picks me.

Your hoodless Revan footage is going to be somewhat unique, as they have fixed him now. I like seeing the back of his helm.

• 3 weeks later...

While I'd certainly agree to making Thana an option for recruitment, as she is the rolemodel for a sith enjoying his rage, she'd be by no means an alternative to making Ashara turnable.

You break the problem down to romance, wich is as far as I'm concerned mediocre at best.

There's I reason I chose to kill Thana and would do it again any time. She's reckess, out of control in any way this could encompass, an embodiment of rage and envy, bread by incompetence and displayed as arrogance.

My inqusitor is a sith, yes, and she's a dark sider, but not prone to mindless rage or wanton destruction. For her, violence and fear are tools of control. She will lie, kill and torture, as well as she will tell selected truths and show mercy in order to achieve what she aims for.

By now Ashara is prone to considerate actions. Thinking about strategy appeals to her regardless of it giving you light-side-points or not. However, decisions made in the same matter of calculation providing dark side points will ALWAYS upset her.

Allowing us to undermine her pink jedi-attitude and making her accept cruelty and deceit as legitimate ways to achieve a greater, an eventually leading her further into the more subtle reaches of the dark side would allow for a deeper character development.

Twisting her to believe she had to do wrong things for good reasons would be a truly rewarding experience, at least for the likes of me.

Greetings

While I'd certainly agree to making Thana an option for recruitment, as she is the rolemodel for a sith enjoying his rage, she'd be by no means an alternative to making Ashara turnable.

You break the problem down to romance, wich is as far as I'm concerned mediocre at best.

There's I reason I chose to kill Thana and would do it again any time. She's reckess, out of control in any way this could encompass, an embodiment of rage and envy, bread by incompetence and displayed as arrogance.

My inqusitor is a sith, yes, and she's a dark sider, but not prone to mindless rage or wanton destruction. For her, violence and fear are tools of control. She will lie, kill and torture, as well as she will tell selected truths and show mercy in order to achieve what she aims for.

By now Ashara is prone to considerate actions. Thinking about strategy appeals to her regardless of it giving you light-side-points or not. However, decisions made in the same matter of calculation providing dark side points will ALWAYS upset her.

Allowing us to undermine her pink jedi-attitude and making her accept cruelty and deceit as legitimate ways to achieve a greater, an eventually leading her further into the more subtle reaches of the dark side would allow for a deeper character development.

Twisting her to believe she had to do wrong things for good reasons would be a truly rewarding experience, at least for the likes of me.

Greetings

Your post reminds me of Palpatine and his manipulation of Anakin. That would be truely epic.

Clearly didn't listen to the part where Zash explains that whilst she is your apprentice she cannot be called sith, Which is why you must collect Xalek from Korriban. So anyway, back to talking about why your apprentice should be trainable anyway you like

Greetings

I agree after all that trouble i went through to set up an ambush and then making her murder the last assassin (without shocking her) made it seem like a cop out that she has not turned to the dark side after seeing that dark aura and her saying when I killed him I felt powerful and in control! then I head to the jedi enclave. Ashara: Sorry bro I am not dark side. I went :mad:.

I chose to play Miss Nicelady to her, had the Assassins walk home unscathed, allowed her to invite the jedi masters to the binding and played the nice one until they attacked me FIRST.

When there was only shock about the dead masters, instead of shock over them attacking me and she asked "What have you done?" I was really disappointed I admit. The first time the game wasn't rewarding at all, where I would've really wanted to see a result in my action. But nothing. :(

2:34

There is more than one way to break an egg. Don't think you know everything.

I was going to mention this ^.

It would appear that our characters also believe her to be their apprentice. When you go back to Korriban to "pick an apprentice" you say something along the lines of "but i already have an apprentice" to Zash/Khem

Yeah, your character have multiple apprentices, you get 2 of Vash's old ones after you deal with her. But Vash explained that it is important for a sith Lord to have full fledged sith apprentices, which is why she wants you to take on another one.

• 4 weeks later...
Ashara is a principled character, who doesn't like wanton slaughter, cruelty or malicious actions. That makes her unique amongst your companions. She is the polar opposite of the Jedi Knight companion Lord Scourge, yet I don't see any light side RPers complaining you can't turn him to the light, for romance.

This is a false equivalency. If you're light side female JK, your romance option is Doc, if you're dark side male SI, your romance option is...oh wait, you don't have one. This is a fairly major oversight IMO, most classes have four romanceable companions, a dark side man, a dark side woman, a light side man, a light side woman, and then the fifth companion is some weird alien or something. For those who don't, this needs to be fixed. Adding a couple universal companions, and Thana would be a great one, would be a nice way to patch these holes. And for those who chose to kill Thana...they're bringing Darth Maul back in the clone wars series...Palpatine survived death HOW many times? This would hardly be the first time a sith has come back from the dead, or they could go with the "merely a setback", you actually just wounded her and THOUGHT she was dead type thing.

Back to the subject of Ashara, I firmly believe that just as a matter of lore and immersion, ALL of the companions who are considered your apprentice/padawan (or the rough equivalent for non-force classes that have a companion they take under their wing and train) should be shapeable to your alignment and viewpoint if you choose to, you are supposed to be their teacher and mentor, this should have actual storyline impact in allowing your advice and example to mold their beliefs. I think Jaesa is a great example of how this could be done, with how you can choose to have her as light or dark, and choices you make in conversation with her can impact things like her attitude towards killing and sex.

Also...nothing to do with the basic point of this thread, but I wish you COULD redeem Lord Scourge...you can lose SO MUCH AFFECTION so fast with him if you make a lot of light side choices. Not to mention truly redeeming such a hardcore sith would be a pretty awesome feather to have in your knight's cap.

I play a dark side Assassin.

I see myself as trying to twist Ashara with lies and manipulation. I have her believing I want to change the Sith from the inside for the good of the galaxy, when in fact I am just a moustache-twirling evil son of a ***** who is still probing her weak points. From there, I hope in expanded content I can use the inroads I've already made to further corrupt her (since you can't do it in the existing content). She may try to uphold Jedi ideals, but she has pride and anger issues that make her ripe for turning.

Thana is hot (for a pile of pixels anyway) but is far too stupid and incompetent and out of control to be any apprentice of mine. "You've outlived your usefulness, Thana."

Edited by Harwel

do you actually use ashara, or just nod her off as being a pure light side companion?

personally, i don't want a pure dark-sided companion that enjoys malicious, useless slaughter.

i'd also like to point out that talos is more light-sided than ashara

but, anyway, i used ashara a lot on belsavis, corellia, and voss. i found that i gained affection with her if i did something rational; releasing cruel murderers to kill republic soldiers got me affection with her. another choice i made, which i guess is kind of spoilerish

i slaughtered a group of voss guards on voss during the class story because they basically trashed my base of operations, and told me my work was evil. that gave me affection with her.

does ashara want you to be nice if you can? sure. does she want you to be an absolute pushover? no, not at all. you'll gain affection with her for doing something evil that is rational. doing something cruel and pointless? yeah, you'll lose affection.

if you're asking for a romance option that takes pleasure in needless slaughter, well, you're asking bioware to write a bad companion. dark side jaesa is the only companion that comes to mind

if you're asking for a romance option that takes pleasure in needless slaughter, well, you're asking bioware to write a bad companion. dark side jaesa is the only companion that comes to mind

I haven't played a female Inq, but is that not what they get in Andronikos?