Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, that's end game? Sitting in the fleet lfg for one hour?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So, that's end game? Sitting in the fleet lfg for one hour?

Pricia
01.25.2012 , 03:09 PM | #21
No, they're just in no rush to get to 50, lol. I kinda want to run hardmodes but yeah... I really don't want to spend 3 hours in an instance.

Maybe I'll just play all toons to 50 for the story and call it a day...

I should have added though... this is my secondary game. I don't want to do high end content with it (really, I can't anyway, I spend most evenings playing my other game mostly). Was just looking for a fun game to spend some time on off nights... just wasn't expecting that end game would be such a time sink.

Raeln
01.25.2012 , 03:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
No, they're just in no rush to get to 50, lol. I kinda want to run hardmodes but yeah... I really don't want to spend 3 hours in an instance.

Maybe I'll just play all toons to 50 for the story and call it a day...

I should have added though... this is my secondary game. I don't want to do high end content with it (really, I can't anyway, I spend most evenings playing my other game mostly). Was just looking for a fun game to spend some time on off nights... just wasn't expecting that end game would be such a time sink.
I'm not sure what you were expecting then. The end game here is pretty much par for the course in most other major MMORPGs.

Do heroic Flashpoints for points. Spend points on gear. Do operations for points, spend points on gear. Do PvP for points, spend points on gear.

Sure, I'd like to see a new system tried but I don't think the genre is ready for that quite yet.

Katchii
01.25.2012 , 03:23 PM | #23
This is exactly why a flashpoint queueing system would be amazing for this game. You could go and run your dailies or help your lower level guild friends out while sitting in a queue and then get notified when a goup has been formed.

Bash it all you want, but WoW's LFD tool was the best thing they ever did for players who want to do more than sit around a central hub and shout for groups and pray you get one together and still have enough time to actually complete the content.

People can remark about how it killed the community, but honestly, I'm paying to PLAY this game, not sit in a glorified chat room with Star Wars avatars and spend countless hours trying to get enough people together to play. I'm already in a guild, but it's more of a social one where people talk and joke, rather than a progression/ end game guild right now due to how new the game is.

Raeln
01.25.2012 , 03:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
This is exactly why a flashpoint queueing system would be amazing for this game. You could go and run your dailies or help your lower level guild friends out while sitting in a queue and then get notified when a goup has been formed.

Bash it all you want, but WoW's LFD tool was the best thing they ever did for players who want to do more than sit around a central hub and shout for groups and pray you get one together and still have enough time to actually complete the content.

People can remark about how it killed the community, but honestly, I'm paying to PLAY this game, not sit in a glorified chat room with Star Wars avatars and spend countless hours trying to get enough people together to play. I'm already in a guild, but it's more of a social one where people talk and joke, rather than a progression/ end game guild right now due to how new the game is.
You cannot release a LFD queuing system for a freshly launched game. There will not be enough level 50s to make the system work. It would likely work alright for the lowest level flashpoints but the queue times for heroic flashpoints would be insane - then the few players (relatively speaking) trying to use the system would come back here and claim the system was broken.

Patience is what is required here. In about 3 months, the heroic Flashpoint pug scene will be in a better shape than it is today. Many more people will be at max level and willing to slam their heads into repeated flashpoint play.

The same thing basically happened in Rift too, by the way.

clintcasey
01.25.2012 , 03:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zantul View Post
tHIS IS AM MMO NOT KOTOR THEY DONT HAVE TO TRY AND CARE TO PEOPLE NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING WITH OTHERS.

WRONG GAME BUD.
There isn't anything wrong about having content you can do by yourself at level 50. The trick to get people into doing group content is to

1) Keep the incentives for group content higher than solo content.

Picture a short dungeon where the mobs drop level 50 green items, and cosmetic items, and the bosses drop some Green and Blue items and maybe some cosmetic items, or a rare crafting schematic. And if you complete the whole solo flashpoint you get a Tionese Crystal. And then you also pick up a Daily quest for completing 2 or 3 of these solo flashpoints and you also get maybe 1 Tionese Commendation.

You see there is a rather large group of people who play MMOs who just don't like grouping up with other people at all. So what you do is offer them a route, continue progressing their character threw solo content. But at the same time, you make them pick up their quest from the same daily mission terminal where you get your other dailies, like your Hard Mode Daily, and your Hard Mode Dungeon Weekly. And what you do is you show the difference in reward up front.

Now if you do the math, with the solo reward schedule laid out like above. If you do your solo flash-point daily, and only that daily every day, you'll eventually get enough Tionese commendations and Crystals to buy your offhand weapon after like 2 1/2 weeks. That reward schedule is very slow. But you see the hook here is that you've already begun to reward people with some gear currency that they can use to buy their Tier 1 set. Those gear tokens have value, and that value is that new gear level they can slowly buy their way into. When people are able to compare the rewards they get at from their solo quest with the rewards you get at with gear currency, suddenly you've created an incentive for people to also do their Hardmode Flashpoint Daily so that they can get those rewards even faster.

Also on the note of rewards: Why reward Cosmetic Items.

Well the reason is even max level players in highest gear level will feel like doing the new content that they outgear if there is a reward that is worth doing it for.

2) Keep the content short.

A solo dungeon should be something you can take care of by yourself in like 30 minutes to an hour.

3) Make the encounters challenging.

Think like some of the Big Class Quest missions, but repeatable. The encounters shouldn't be a pushover either. The encounters, especially the boss encounters, should have a few mechanics involved.

Why?

Because your creating another way to train people for Hardmode Flashpoints.
Al'den, Jedi Guardian, Level 50, The Bastion, 4/4 EC HM
Jindo, Mercinary, Level 50, The Swiftsure, 3/4 EC HM
Jiindo, Power Tech, Level 27, Squadron 367

LordHartigan
01.25.2012 , 03:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pricia View Post
I love the game, but what a letdown at level 50. I went from playing all the time I was online to just sitting in the Imperial Fleet hoping to find a group.

I guess I've been spoiled with 5 minutes queues in another game, but really, this is incredibly disappointing. Bah.

And yes, I've made an alt.. and she's level 50 too.
This is why I'm glad I'm taking my time. It just isn't reasonable to expect that an MMO style game, a genre that is supposed to go on for years, is going to have tons of end game content a hair over a month into it's existence. Play another class or something. Hunt for datacrons. Find lore objects. Even this early there should be plenty of things to do.

Reeny
01.25.2012 , 04:25 PM | #27
I hit lvl 50, did pvp and dailies but had a hard time finding groups for flashpoints.
Hate standing around the fleet waiting for people for 30minutes...then the group breaks up.

Now i dont play my lvl 50 and leveling up a Jedi.
Probably do the same when my Jedi is 50 and level up another character.

Pricia
01.25.2012 , 04:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
I hit lvl 50, did pvp and dailies but had a hard time finding groups for flashpoints.
Hate standing around the fleet waiting for people for 30minutes...then the group breaks up.

Now i dont play my lvl 50 and leveling up a Jedi.
Probably do the same when my Jedi is 50 and level up another character.
Exactly... that's the problem. Really hard to find people to run flashpoints. We really need a looking for dungeon mode, or heck I'd make do with a trans planet lfg channel or something... but this bites! I really want to run flashpoints because I enjoy them, but yeah... if they take 2-3 hours, I don't know how it's going to happen, especially if it takes one hour to find a group for them.

texasfanboy
01.25.2012 , 04:56 PM | #29
I'd be all for a better LFG system than the flimsy attempt that's presently in place, but the random group assembler has done nothing but destroy WoW since they added it.

Tanks refusing to do optional bosses even if everyone else in the group clearly needs the drops.
Players refusing to participate, forcing you to kick them, simply because they don't like the dungeon they got.
The overall reduction in player civility in random groups -- which was tenuous beforehand and disappeared entirely once the system was added.
Loot griefing

Your ability to play, and enjoy, this game is far greater if you put a modicum of effort into finding and cultivating positive relationships with other players. I'm one of the most misanthropic and antisocial people I know, and I've never had trouble finding a group for hardmode flashpoints since hitting 50. It was just a matter of turning off the garbage-out filter and networking.

Don't forget how imbalanced the factions are. That's your real problem -- there just aren't enough players on the Republic side per server.

Dee-Jay
01.25.2012 , 05:00 PM | #30
Our server maintains a realm-wide LFG channel.

That means you can go about your dailies, farm, whatever while still forming groups.

I suggest other servers do the same.

/cjoin LFG and then just promote it so that everyone uses it.