Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Normal Operations Looting System - BW Please Advise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Normal Operations Looting System - BW Please Advise

Thoffs
01.26.2012 , 07:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by toxicundergroov View Post
Yeah, I am just chasing an official response from BW.
Good luck with that. BW doesn't respond to anything unless the topic generates 50+ pages of replies. IMHO, BW does a terrible job of interacting with their players. The only forum that has any sort of reasonable reply activity is the CS forum.

Mr_dna
01.26.2012 , 08:43 AM | #12
It could be a good system if they had some kind of gear detection system in place to stop people with say 136 items getting 126 or Healers getting dps Gear .

Or another way would be have it so Operation members have to accept master loot rules so have it when Op leader sets to master loot you have a box saying

"Do You Accept Master Loot Rules YES NO"

i think bugger all thought has gone into it and id did a eternity vault run and some got 3 lots of gear out of 4 bosses
By the force I wish i could use my amazing signature

Ashane
01.26.2012 , 10:10 AM | #13
The only reason your in there is to get the PvE Tier 1 & 2 gear, which in that situation a Healer isnt getting a DPS piece anyway.

The only way that'll happen is if you get one of the Energized pieces, which arent the point of EV to begin with but purely a bonus.

Really, the loot system is perfectly fine. Your not meant to gear up in a MMO without any effort involved, that effort is usually a time sink. Champ Bags and random loot in Normal Op's / HM FP's is SWTOR's time sink.

If they DID change it, they'd massively reduce the volume of loot (probably down to 1 piece per boss), to prevent you from gearing up fast... think about what your asking for here ;P
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

Maglen
01.26.2012 , 10:45 AM | #14
3 Years in development, 100's of millions of dollars. . .

No /roll /random.

Epic. Fail.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!