Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Normal Operations Looting System - BW Please Advise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Normal Operations Looting System - BW Please Advise

toxicundergroov
01.25.2012 , 12:20 PM | #1
So, we started running normal operations this week to learn the figs in preparation for hard modes. We down a boss and everyone is excited to get some loot.

Then wham! To our surprise, we can't choose who gets what. Master loot doesnt work and We can't even roll on the gear. Evidently, BW has decided they will choose for us. So, Jedi with Columi pants gets gets the Tionese pants (downgrade) while the Jedi with blue pants gets nothing. The healing trooper gets dps gear, while the dps trooper gets healing gear. The dps trooper with rakata bracers gets tionese bracers, so on and so forth....

What I want to know is: What is BioWare's stance on the normal mode looting system?

Is this considered a bug? Or is this the way you intended the loot system to work?

For many people, games like this are all about the "carrot and the stick" - the constant challenge of getting that next piece of gear. I just can't understand why you choose to give the "carrot" to the wrong person...

//SOAP

Qilz
01.25.2012 , 12:28 PM | #2
There's a few other threads on the first page with the same questions. it's a terrible system they implemented and people defend it by saying it stops ninja looting.../sigh

Only does this in normal mode.

toxicundergroov
01.25.2012 , 12:39 PM | #3
Yeah, I am just chasing an official response from BW.

The PVP random gear token champ bags are a disaster but BW has agreed that this is by design. I hate it but I'll deal with it.

If, however they have consciously decided that raid level gear will be passed out randomly, I'm outta here. I don't mind losing a roll to someone else that needs the gear, but to give it to someone that doesn't want it while someone else needs it.... That's just retarded.

Lysosome
01.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #4
Normal mode ev and kp arent real raids. They were designed for pugs. The system works great for pugs too.

Bozse
01.25.2012 , 12:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by toxicundergroov View Post
Yeah, I am just chasing an official response from BW.

The PVP random gear token champ bags are a disaster but BW has agreed that this is by design. I hate it but I'll deal with it.

If, however they have consciously decided that raid level gear will be passed out randomly, I'm outta here. I don't mind losing a roll to someone else that needs the gear, but to give it to someone that doesn't want it while someone else needs it.... That's just retarded.
What's the issue, if they change it to be what you consider normal looting they would have to reduce the amount anyway, either way you are subject to random. This only applies to normal mode as well which is easy to bypass by just raiding hardmode, the fact that normal drops the same loot as hardmode FPs should tell you something.

But hey, if loot that is easy to get from multiple sources is enough to make you quit I'm sure you know where the door is.

toxicundergroov
01.25.2012 , 04:16 PM | #6
So it's a great system for normal mode but NOT for hard mode... Makes sense.

-Arcane-
01.25.2012 , 04:20 PM | #7
Its been this way since beta, master looter does not work on normal mode.

And even on hard/nightmare half the chests dont work properly and you have to pass ops leader around to allow players to take their loot.
Arcane Nerdherder - GM of Glory Guild on Niman
PvE Completion 10/10 Nightmare 16man - Videos

Gone to Play Diablo III, SWTOR failed.

Captain_Failure
01.25.2012 , 04:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lysosome View Post
Normal mode ev and kp arent real raids. They were designed for pugs. The system works great for pugs too.
No, it doesn't.

/thread

Bozse
01.25.2012 , 04:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by toxicundergroov View Post
So it's a great system for normal mode but NOT for hard mode... Makes sense.
Never said it was great, I don't think it's something to threaten to leave over, it serves a purpose that has upsides and downsides. If you want better control over the loot just do hard mode FPs, it drops the same loot, if you want better control over loot in Ops run hard or nightmare modes.

SaiBear
01.26.2012 , 12:32 AM | #10
The idea is sound IF they make it passable. But giving the gear out to people that dont need it or giving it to wrong specs is awefull. It doesnt stop ninja looting since it's ninja looting for us..

A simple accept/decline loot win option would let the system cross you off on that item and then reroll it for the others of that class that can use it would make so much more sence.