My bad...ability delay is still alive and well

wfsaxton

I originally posted that, the morning after the patch, my abilities fired off flawlessly and that I was no longer affected by "animation stun": my 2-second channel ability would appear to fire, but not do anything and would stun me for the entire animation duration.

Well, sure enough, I logged in last night/this morning and both ability delay AND the animation stun bug were back...

Is this, perhaps, caused by something being 'cached' on my system? I'm wondering if that is the case because it seemed to have worked great right after the patch...but then at some point it stopped.

FYI. I have a decently high-end system and my FPS is constantly 30+.

While others say they have noticed an improvement, nothing has changed on my character. Last night, I was still suffering from Ability Delay on my Sentinel.

I would have to press "Guarded by the Force" and "Zen" multiple times for it to register and activate. In addition, animation stuttering was still occurring. If I pressed "Zealous Strike" multiple times, it would do half of the animation several times in a row and not apply the damage or give me focus.

In short, nothing has changed for me. I'm hoping 1.1.1 will fix the issues.

I've noticed quite a big improvement in the ability delay. so much so in fact that before, i didn't notice the ability delay much, but now the gameplay seems much smoother and more responsive. I have stopped spamming keys to activate abilities and I have my queue at 1 sec so I can leisurely hit 1 key at a time.

sorry you're still having issues though. they are still working on it. the last patch was the first of many fixes they are trying to implement on the ability delay.

In addition, animation stuttering was still occurring. If I pressed "Zealous Strike" multiple times, it would do half of the animation several times in a row and not apply the damage or give me focus.

I forgot to mention that this was also happening to me as of last night/this morning.

The morning after the patch really renewed my interest in the game. Which makes this apparent 'reversion' all the more upsetting...

Well I still have the

"ah ah I'm almost ready" hesitation before I do a force sweep or overhead smash on my Guardian. It's as if I have to bend my knees a couple of times then I jump in the air.

Yeah ability delay is still alive and well. :confused:

Just happened to me a few minutes ago, I pressed on the stealth hot key like 10 times, and I even clicked on it, and it didn't stealth, I clicked on my shield probe few times, nothing, I used Recuperate, it worked, and then stealthed, however, recuperation channel was still running while i was stealthed.

I was running on 90+++ FPS with no lag or delays or spikes, they say it's fixed, but it isn't. The other day I opened a post regarding this, was closed and the forum mod directed to a post that said ability delay was gone.

Bioware...why the propaganda? you know your stuff isn't fixed, why do this and tell lies?

Honestly, I've been fortunate enough to not run into the ability delay problems (outside of mounting); my character has always responded to my actions as expected. However, after yesterday's patch I'm noticing that there seems to be some serious conflict between my actions, the expected results, and the results on my character. In other words, now I seem to be struggling with ability delay thanks to the patch.

I know it's currently work in progress, so I'm willing to wait and see the final result, but I'm not thrilled with how the latest patch has impacted my game responsiveness.

It's definitely not completely fixed. My unload STILL fails like 1/3 of the time, goes thru the entire animation but doesnt fire off, then you can fire it mid "channel" again from delay. Spamming instants is still SUPER clunky as well.

The "studder" which was like spell pushback on a channel, does seem to be gone though.

Edited by Damarak

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2110035#edit2110035

As you guys have noticed (and probably read in the patch notes), one major part of our series of ability delay improvements was patched onto the live servers with the maintenance last night (patch 1.1.0b). We decided that the improvements seen with this fix were significant enough for us to roll this patch out as quickly as possible instead of waiting for the next scheduled patch.

Your feedback from the servers so far indicates that this change has had dramatic, positive impact on combat gameplay.

That said, we're not done improving combat responsiveness!

• As mentioned in my blog a few days ago, there are some additional fixes currently on our public test server as part of patch 1.1.1, which will roll out as soon as we're satisfied with that patch.

• We've heard your mixed feedback regarding the new cooldown animation that was part of patch 1.1, and we have improvements to the readability of that UI coming down the pipe.

• We're looking into improving the accuracy of cast bars. Their behavior should already be significantly improved with today's patch, but we believe there is still room to improve.

• We're also working on improvements to the responsiveness of individual ability animations, including faction specific timing differences and issues where shortening an ability activation time does not properly shorten it's animation.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback on this issue, it has been vital to us in identifying and resolving this situation.

Regards

Georg

This. The ability delay issue has definitely been improved, but it's not completely fixed yet.

And even then there are 3 other separate issues that are being addressed other than the 1.1.1 patch fixes that the dev noted that people are contributing to ability delay instead of the better term combat responsiveness :o.

I did bg's for 4 hours yesterday, and noticed a huge improvement. This was verified by the fact that I was now overheating constantly whereas with delays, I would never overheat because delays allowed heat dissipation. Abilities like Unload, Death from Above, Fusion Missile, Tracer Missile, Power Shot all go off with a significantly less delay.

That being said, there is still a delay...a quarter second or so for the above abilities (which is much better than 2-3 seconds I was seeing earlier), and a few abilities are still lagged...Jet Boost and Rocket Punch to name 2. Those still need to be fixed.

Many times abilities didn't go off weren't due to lag but due to not stopping fully and/or overheating.

I noticed a great improvement in ability responsiveness since the patch, my PVP experience is much better on my guardian where my abilities work almost 100% first press. I then tanked a HM esseless and i noticed the abilities not firing again. For some reasons it seems to relate to different situations for me now, PVP is fine but in a flashpoint on my guardian it is horrible. Guess ill just play my bounty hunter until the next couple of updates come.

I can confirm that the charged burst ability of my DF gunslinger will most of the time fail to activate after the chanelling is done. This mostly happens when i activate that ability which guarantees charged busrt to crit and i have noticed this since i have gone DF from SS spec. I'm not sure if its relevant.The only way i can get it to work is to spam it frantically before the chanelling is over.

Additionally, if i activate coolhead + immediately use wounding shots my guns only fire about 1 shot.

I have seen absolutely no change in fleet fps or in warzones whatsoever. I am not sure if i even notice a difference at all with the patch.

EDIT: My specs are:

CPU: Intel core 2 Quad @2.33 GhZ

RAM: 8 GB at 1333 MhZ

GRAPHICS: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC

Edited by athosprv